22

Those we're the best weeks of my life. No phone calls. No interference. Everyone knew Taehyung was on leave because of TaeHyuk and I. We were like a couple. Taehyuk would cry, and I'd wake up to feed him. Taehyung would slowly awaken and help me put the baby back to sleep while I walked downstairs and made breakfast after a morning kiss from him. He'd wrap his arms arounds my waist as I served our food. Then it'd be back to Taehyuk. When It'd be TaeHyuk's shower time, we'd fill the tub halfway and have Taehyung hold him while slowly bathing him. It was the best sight in the world.

During the moments where we'd lay in bed with TaeHyuk on Taehyung's chest, scrolling through Twitter. Tae would play with our son's fist while he squirmed and attempted to lift his head, then slowly fell asleep at his father's humming. We'd look through the internet, lurking through Jackie's twitter, knowing she'd retweet anything that related to us. She'd posted pictures of us that I'd sent and many fans commented the sweetest things on them.

Till three months later we had our first court case. The blood test over paternity was already done and it was obvious by just looking at TaeHyuk, that he was TaeHyung's. I didn't know what to expect. None of us wanted this, the company did. Taehyung had called me every night and talked to me, apologizing for everything we were going through. He had so many scenarios that could help us but none of them made sense. He had no control over it, he'd repeatedly say. The people he worked for controlled every aspect of his life. It was the condition that came with being an idol.

"We are here for the custody agreement over Kim Tae Hyuk, between American-native Evelyn Martinez and South Korean citizen Kim Tae Hyung." We were asked many questions and I had no definite answers. I couldn't keep eye contact with TaeHyung's lawyer and he, with mine. We kept looking at the judge, pleading to put us out of our misery. But he'd just stare straight ahead. Everyone we knew had attended and they were also questioned on who should get custody. None of the boys could answer. Instead of mentioning the pros and cons of either of us, they'd give a reason we should do it together. Why this custody agreement was unnecessary and how they've seen that there was no problem between us. When the time came and the judge had made his decision, it was obvious what was going to happen. I prepared myself. As the judge spoke, TaeHyung stood and said, "I object." Following after that objection, making no sense, was Jungkook's snorts. The rest bit their lip and kept in their laughs. "Excuse me, Ajussi?"

"I don't want to fight over my child especially when I happened to be dating his other. This whole agreement is a waste of time." He spoke sincerely. "I'm in love with her. And agreement or not, I'm staying with her. I'm marrying her and I'm not leaving her side. You can't rip me away from my family."

Apparently, my uncle had gotten through to the Judge. He never had any intentions of splitting us apart. Mason didn't tell me because there had to be a reliable court case to support his decision. He was surprised on what he had seen. It helped his claim more than this case was supposed to.

But I was speechless from his words and so was the company he worked for. NaRI appeared from behind the courtroom and caused a scene.

"What do you mean? Did you forget that it was supposed to be you and me?" Her voice slowly rose, scaring TaeHyuk. He began to cry, squirming in his baby carrier. I lifted him out and rubbed his back, shushing him silently. "She was nothing to you. It was always me. It has been since the day I saw you. And now you wanna marry her?!" TaeHyuk cried louder and Tae became pissed. "It was never me and you, NaRi. It was just you. You had me wrapped around your finger and manipulated me. You didn't care for me. You just liked having an idol like myself to support your image. We're nothing. We're done. We've been done since the day you told PDnim that he wasn't my kid!" My baby boy cried louder, shaking. I set my hand on Tae's back and rubbed it. "Let it go, TaeHyung." I was begging for our child. He was still too young to be hearing people argue. The noise was too loud for his ears.