Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Evie!" Jackie exclaims as she opens the door. She lets out a sigh of relief and pulls me into an embrace. I slowly bring my hand up and pat her back. She pulls back and smiles wide, giving off the look of utter excitement and fangirling. I furrow my eyebrows as I walk in. She just smiles wider and quickly pushes me in when I take too long to enter. As Jackie shuts the door to the apartment, I notice someone siting around the kitchen island. 

His gray hair with a few purple streaks shakes as he runs a hand through it

His gray hair with a few purple streaks shakes as he runs a hand through it. He looks away from my uncle and lets his lips part when he sees me. I take him in as he does the same to me. My eyes must be red, puffy and all my makeup smudged. He's not in the same clothes I saw him in earlier. He's more laid back in his sweatpants and jacket. My eyes water up as they look to Jackie and Uncle Mason for an answer. Jackie just looks like she's on the brink of insanity while Uncle Mason sends me a message through his eyes. I look at Taehyung again. My heart beats against my rib cage repeatedly and my stomach churns and heaves, sending a horrible sensation up my throat.

Two seconds later, I lift up the toilet seat and throw up the noodles Mani recommended I buy. I mentally grown. They were delicious. My curled hair is lifted away from my face and held up as I vomit the remains of the food I ate. I pull away from the toilet seat and close it, flushing away the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. I sit on the toilet lid and close my eyes, breathing out. I half expect for Jackie to be the one standing beside me with a look of disgust as she had held up my hair. But it's wasn't her.

It's Taehyung.

He watched me with a look of guilt and sorrow. He was holding everything in just as I was. He grabbed one of the towels hanging by the sink and handed it to me. I slowly raised my hand to grab it from him and looked away quickly before our eyes could meet.

I quickly stand and regret it when I feel the world tilt sideways and almost does a 180. I stumble slightly, causing Taehyung to steady me. His arm goes around my torso and grabs my right forearm while his hand holds my left forearm. I feel his breath hitting my hair as he lets out a deep breath. I step away from him slowly. I avoid eye contact with him and say, "thank you."

I wash my hands and brush my teeth. He stands behind me and watches my every move. I lit out the excess toothpaste and rinse with mouthwash. I wipe my mouth once again and hang the towel on the rack. I walk past him, still not being able to make eye contact. My eyes are watering and I can't think straight. My thoughts are all over the place and why is the bedroom door closed?

Jackie.

I sigh shakily and sit on the bed with my legs crossed, leaning on my thighs. I cover my face and breathe out. "What are you doing here?" I look over to him as he cautiously sits beside and repeats my actions. He stares straight ahead then lets his head fall. He sniffles. "I just want to talk. And..." he sighs, a blush creeping onto his cheeks. "I want to apologize for the way I... reacted. I should've said... something. I was just a bit overwhelmed and I don't like crying in front of my hyungs." I nod. "It's not something I was expecting and I got emotional." His voice cracks. Then my heart.

I whimper and cover my face again, silently sobbing. "I'm so sorry," I cry softly. "I didn't mean for it to happen! I'm sorry I messed up your whole life with this!" Then my sob becomes a bit louder. "I didn't want to tell you," I sniffle, wiping my nose with the sweater I'm wearing. "But I had to. I couldn't keep it from you. It's not right." I pull my hands away from my face and look at him who seems to be in the same state I was  just in. "Do you hate me for it?" I whisper, tugging at my sleeves. His head quirks up quickly with an incredulous look across his face. "Of course not."

"It's okay if you do." He leaves his seat next to me and gets on his knees, leaving his hands on my knees. "I don't. Evelyn, look at me." My heart jumps as he says my name. He knows it. "I'm grateful for this." His eyes speak to me with much more power than his words. "Sure, it was a surprise but I don't think of it as a burden. This kind of thing happens everyday. We're not the first to go through this. It's not a sin to bring a child into the world." I sob softly again and let the tears fall. I slowly look away from his hands on my knees and to his face. His eyes are red and glossy, but filled with hope nonetheless.

"How are we even going to make this work, Tae?" He stands from his place and paces back and forth

"How are we even going to make this work, Tae?" He stands from his place and paces back and forth. "I don't know. But we can and we will."

"How?! We're too young. You are the only one out of both of us with a stable job. We live in two different countries." I cry, standing up from the bed to follow him as he paces. "Your appa mentioned—"

"I don't know about that yet. I mean... the only family I have is—" i try to think of a formidable word. "Indisposed of. But besides that, they're the only family I genuinely have."

"I'm sorry." We both apologize simultaneously after a long period of silence. "I don't know what to think," he says. He steps forward and hugs me, catching me by surprise. I stay still for a second then return the embrace. "Neither do I," I croak.

We decided to relax after that. Instead of thinking of what will happen, we talked about what already did. I told him about the doctor's appointment. I told him everything I knew and what was said to me. I took out the brochures and booklets from my bag and gave him some. He looked through it and his eyes widened at the pictures. Then slowly after he would blush; even more when I would giggle at him.

Then he asked me questions about myself. First it was the basics, then it was more personal questions. He asked about my parents. I couldn't tell him. He didn't force me to. I said I'd tell him when I was ready cause it's not something I enjoy talking about.  He told me about his parents. He told me their names and that he resembled his mother. He told me about his siblings. They sounded adorable. I couldn't help but smile at everything he told me about them. Then he told me about his little cousins. Aunts and uncles.

"When do you leave?" He whispered as I walked him out. Uncle Mason and Jackie were knocked out on the couch. It was around 4 am, Japan time.  I was tired. Yawning, I say, "today. At, like, 9. I have class on Monday." He nods. I close the door behind me and sigh. He rolls on the balls of his heels and breathes out nervously. "So... um... I guess we should exchange numbers." I chuckle softly and nod, pulling out my phone. "Wait, I think I left it in my room." I open the apartment door again and he follows after me as I walk to the room. I get it from the bed and turn around to hand it to him. But the phone falls as it hits his forearm and my body bumps into his. I lose balance and try to grab onto something, pulling Taehyung down with me. We fall onto the bed, his hands landing beside my head and mine gripping his hoodie. He grunts, laughing softly and looking down at me. V's small smile disappears and his lips part. His tongue darts out to moisten his lips, catching my attention and causing something to happen in my lower abdomen. My mouth runs dry and I can't help it when I repeat his actions. 

"Taehyung?" He hums, his eyes not leaving mine. I blush and chuckle awkwardly. "You're squishing us." His eyes widen and that look he portrayed evaporates into one of embarrassment.

We exchange phone numbers and within minutes he's walking down the hall. As I am about close the door, he calls me. "Hello?" I answer softly.

"Please think about your appa's idea," he pleads. My heart warms. "I am. It's just a lot to think about. But FYI," I say as I close the bedroom door. "He's my uncle."

"But you said he was like a father. And what does FYI mean?" I just laugh softly and say goodnight.