Chapter 17

7 MONTHS

"Taehyung?" I whisper, poking his cheek. He's asleep on my bed and I'm hungry. I sigh when e doesn't even stir. "TaeTae?" I ask again, poking his tummy. So squishy, I think as I continuously poke just because it's adorable. Then my baby kicks me, reminding myself of why I'm trying to wake up the man in my bed. "TAEHYUNG." I say more sternly, becoming extremely annoyed that he won't wake up. "Taehyung!" I exclaim. He stirs and I begin to poke him while saying Tae every single time. He hums.

Maybe I should just let him sleep.

"Uh... I'm going to the store. I'll be right back." He nods and turns the other way. I sigh. I put my cardigan over the t-shirt and pajama pants that belong to Taehyung cause mine don't fit anymore. I put on some sandals and walk to the car. I adjust the seat and sit down, careful not to hit my tummy on the steering wheel. As I close the car door, I see Taehyung rushing towards it.

"I'll drive!" Wasn't he asleep just now? "But you've never been on the streets."

"I can't let you drive. You must be tired." I chuckle. "No I'm hungry and I'm wide awake, which you on the other hand just woke up a minute ago."

"I know how to drive."

"Yeah but you drive so slow." I've seen Taehyung drive. Sure he's a good driver. He could probably beat a grandma by the hair. But he goes under the speed limit. I'm talking 10 miles under. I mean sure, you must be careful while driving. Taehyung drives as if a turn is worth your life. And this is usually at night, not during the day. God, I can't even imagine how it'd be if he drove during the day. "Let me drive." I beg, putting my hands together in a pleading manner. He sighs and smiles lightly, nodding. I smile triumphantly and close the door. We get to the store and he climbs off with me. We go through the isles and argue over what food I get. He finds it weird how I wanna mix so many things and insists that I not do it. I tell him that I should or the baby will be mad. In the end, he grabs his own food and begins to eat a bag of chips as I look through the isles for food to take to school. I'm almost done with my summer classes and that means I'll be able to take the fall off and raise the baby.

"Stop stealing my chips," he whines, moving the bag away. I pout then stick my tongue in his direction. He laughs, amused, then returning the action. I see the marshmallows I've been looking for and frown when they haven't been restocked. The box full of the them is very high up and i don't think I can reach. I look at Taehyung for help but find that he's disappeared. I huff. Useless, I swear. I stretch my arm up and try to reach the box, touching the corner of it but not being able to move it. I use the cart and the shelves to stand on. I place foot on the bottom tray of the cart and my foot on the last shelf. I grip the edge of the shelf and pull myself up, finally grasping the box and pulling it out. As I step down from the shelf I lose balance and the cart slides away. I fall backwards, along with the box and almost hit the floor. Somehow, Taehyung miraculously appeared and caught me before I could make contact with the floor. I fall into him, and he winces. My eyes go wide and become alert, sliding off of him quickly and hurling questions and apologies at him. In the end after not answering and me almost to tears cause I think I broke him, he laughs loud and heartily. I definitely broke him.

"Taehyung—"

"I'm fine Evelyn," he laughs. "Although you need to calm down." He sits up, my legs still over his, chips scattered all around us. As soon as I see them, I pick one up and eat it, then picking up more in my hand and eating them as I look over at Taehyung, who does the same but shoves about five of them with each handful. He turns to me with a mouthful, completely caught off guard. I just shrug and pick up the rest of them, doing the same as he. I look at him and he laughs, standing up and helping me. He hands me the bag of chips and picks up the box, grabbing two bags of marshmallows and putting the box back on the shelf. He turns to me, grabbing the bag then looking at my stomach. "What—"