Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"So what'd he say?" I roll my eyes at Jackie. We're back in America. She's been asking me since we left the airport. I haven't answered her question cause it's something between him and I. As much as I love my dear friend, some things are better left unsaid.

He met us at the airport and quickly said goodbye. He had managed to sneak out and got his hyungs to cover for him. He greeted my uncle formally and Jackie scared the hell outta him with the huge smile she had on her face. She looked like chucky.

That accent when he speaks in English... I couldn't stop identifying it. I guess he had practiced what he was going to tell me before, or at least learned a few words because he couldn't even put a sentence together without adding Korean vocabulary. I thought it was cute how he would wince and close his eyes whenever he messed up. I told him it was fine. He just kept scolding himself.

"Why don't you tell me?!" She whines, pulling my sleeve as we walk up to her, well our, house. "Because... it's between him and I. I gave you a summary of what we talked about," I reason. She pouts. "You gave me a sentence!"

"And that's all you need." We walked in and were greeted by the housekeeper. I smiled and went over to hug her while Jackie just walked off. "JACKSON! Come greet Nana!" This girl and her manners, oh my god. She grimaces at me and pushes me aside to hug nana. I spent the rest of the day, sleeping. I slept through most of it, only getting up for small moments to ward off Jackie, who was waking me up because she was hungry and nana had left. I just made her instant noodles and left them on the table. When I would be half asleep, she'd scold me for making her something she could make herself. I'd just chuckle and say, "See? If you can make it yourself, then why bother me?"

I've tried to teach her to cook something so easy and she always burns it. Since I'm the only one who knows how to cook, she bugs me. It was around 2 am when I awoke because my stomach was growling.  I made myself eggs and almost threw up when I took out the bacon. I frowned.

No more bacon for me.

I shredded a potato and made hash browns. I toasted some bread and made me a breakfast sandwich. I found some diced fruit and put it beside the sandwich. The only thing I found to drink was orange juice. I checked the clock on the wall.

3:43 am.

I shrugged and ate. When I finished, I quickly hand washed the dishes and got the keys hanging by the door. I drove to the store and picked up a few things. And as I looked through the isle for cereal, my phone rang.

Taehyung's face pops onto the screen. "Hello?" I answer, confused as to why he'd call me at this time. "H-hello? Evelyn?"

"You do realize it's 4 in the morning where I live, right?" I chuckle, grabbing the box of Frosted Flakes. I hear him gasp, followed by a repeat of sorry. "It's fine, Tae. I was hungry anyways. Hadn't eaten since I got home. What's up?"

"Oh! Eh—" he tries to tell me something but someone ends up yelling it for him the background. "He misses you!" Then there's arguing between two different people, one of them being Taehyung, while the others laugh. I can't help but blush.

How can he miss me when he doesn't know me?

"That's cute." I laugh. He apologizes. "It's fine," I giggle. "Is it true though?" I ask, looking through the aisles for chips. "Ha, no. I actually wanted to talk but... hold on, let me move because these noonas are watching me." Cue the protest. I'm guessing noonas isn't a good thing. "It's cause... I don't know. I liked talking to you the other time. Not so much the talking but what we talked about. We let stuff go. Haven't talked about my parents in a long time." He whispers, the shyness in his voice evident. I smile softly and look down at the floor, blushing, as if he were standing in front of me. "Yeah. Haven't talked to anyone about my parents but my uncle. And not as much as I told you."