Chapter 1:Rain

I ran, not worrying about where I was going. It was pouring from the all, soaked to the bone but I didn't care. Jace had found a mundane girl (that just so happened to be shadowhunter) who's name I didn't care to remember, and I saw the way he looked at her, full of want, need, love, and she looked at him the same way. To make it worst that she found out about my feelings for him, only my sister, Isabelle, knew that I was gay.

I didn't stop running, not for anything. My clothes sticked to my skin, and I was freezing. I had applied stamina and strength runes before I left the institute so nothing stopped me. Nobody had probably noticed I was gone, Jace must be with the stupid mundane girl, Isabelle must be going through her clothes or something, and Hodge wouldn't even notice me gone at all, due to him being in the library all the time. The farther I ran, the more rain fell from the sky and the colder I got. I ran into a part of town that feels familiar but I didn't pay much attention to it.

It was a full moon, I left the institute without any concern about what might be lurking around. Anything could be around right now, a werewolf, vampire, even a warlock, each possessing a trait that could kill me. I left stupidly unprepared, besides the runes I had applied and my steele. Not even a simple dagger with me.

The cold finally got to me and I needed to find shelter. I found an old building that looked abandoned with a sign next to it that I couldn't read due to the water in my hair that dripped onto my eyes. I walked it thinking I've seen this place before, but I can't put my finger on it. I've never been here before but it feels like I've read about it in a textbook or something.

"Well, well, well look at what we have here" I heard a cold voice in the distance say. I looked around thinking that I could spot someone but it was too dark, I wouldn't be able to see My own hand in front of my face if I had tried