Chapter 10:After the Pain

I woke in the infirmary with the side of my bed cold. I shot up and looked around  "Magnus?"

  "Right here love" and there he was sitting on a white leather chair next to my bed. His hair was still hanging low like it was yesterday and he looked quite comfortable with no makeup and wearing his only warlock cloak.

  "Why aren't you in bed"I rubbed my eyes trying to adjust to the light.

  "Well, darling anyone could walk in at any second and I think it would be safe just for me to sit here, and must I say you look absolutely adorable in your sleep"he grinned ear to ear. I tried to get up to my room but as soon as I tried to sit up pain went though me, making me wince. "Yeah I wouldn't do that if I were you, you may be healed now but that doesn't mean you won't be hurting for a while"he said is a worrying tone. I laid back down as carefully as possible to not cause myself pain. "Should I go get your siblings, do you want anything to eat? I could snap you up something." Magnus asked me several questions concerning my comfort and health, even offering a to put a pain killing spell on me, but I denied knowing one of the side effects of that spell is hallucinations. He asked me again if I wanted to eat anything. I let him win this one(and I was hungry), so he snapped me a bowl of oatmeal with raisins in it. Halfway though eating he asked me if I wanted him to get anyone, I also turned down this offer, he began to protest before I cut him off. "Magnus, it's okay I just want to spend some time here. With you." I saw him smile only for a split second before he leaned in and placed his lips on mine. I felt him smile into the kiss before pulling away. He ran a hand through my messy hair and whispered into my ear, "I don't care what you think about yourself, you are gorgeous and at least I don't think otherwise," he gave me another quick kiss before I started to talk. "Magnus why do you think all of this about me, look at yourself, why we're you attracted to me in the first place when people like Jace and Isabelle were standing next to me in when we met?"

  "That actually wasn't when I decided that I wanted to be with you, remember that night at Greenpoint?" I nodded. "Well that was when we first met, I know I left a good impression on you but you did on me also. When I saw you I saw a shy shadowhunter that was beautiful, I've always loved the rare combination of black hair and blue eyes. I admit when I first saw you I simply liked you for your looks, but now I know you as a man that I love to bits and pieces, who is passionate about who he loves, who is shy but has a kind heart, and who refuses to stop wearing his truly awful sweaters and go shopping for an entirely new wardrobe.

  "You know your never going to win that fight, I'm not shopping for a new wardrobe."

  "I can dream, can't I? he raised an eyebrow at me.

  "As long as your not dreaming about anyone else" I also raised an eyebrow at him and we burst out laughing. "Let me add "has a cute laugh" to the list of "573 reasons why I love Alec Lightwood"

  "Only 573, man I need to step up my game" We proceeded to laugh until Isabelle walked in, looking at her cellphone

  "Magnus is Alec...Oh I see your awake now, how are you feeling, do you need anything? food, water, anything?" She continued to bother me with questions until Magnus waved to her to be quite.

  "Oh dear Isabelle, your brother is in good hands, he's already eaten and at the looks of it he's healed now." She looked up at me with a look you would give a hurt animal, but that quickly went away.

  "Want to come out now anyways, should I wake Jace and we can all eat, I promise to try to cook better this time." Lies.

  "I'll go in just a second, give me some time" I said while running a hand through my hair, that has gone stiff from the dried blood. After I finished talking she strutted out of the room leavening me and Magnus in there. "Yeah I'm going to go up to my room, I'll meet y'all in the kitchen."