Chapter 28:Hope Is Broken Word

Decided to update again :D
I spoil you guys :b

Alec's POV

  I'm alone, that's all I know. When I woke up I searched for Magnus's warmth, but it wasn't there. He left me again. I can't remember much from last night, but what I do know is that my Father is dead, I drank, and I came to Magnus. I slightly remember him singing to me, he told me he stopped when he was very young. My head hurts from more than one reason, my Father is dead, it hurts, the hangover, and it also hurts that Magnus loves me but doesn't want me back. I toss my legs over the side of the bed. There's no smell of coffee, so that means Magnus isn't even home. The floor is cold under my feet like my heart. This place brings back memories, good and bad. Right now if I wanted to, I could check what that chest in Magnus's closest is. No, I can't disrespect his privacy like that. If I want him back some day I should respect his stuff. He'll tell me when he wants. There's a note on the nightstand, my heart clenched at the last time this happened which was in Idris. There was a bottle with a silvery liquid inside, outside in black sharpie it said "Hangover Potion," then there was the note. First I took the potion and took it quickly. It had a metallic taste to it, like blood. Instantly, I felt better, then I reached for the note. It read: Alec,

  I hope you're doing better, it will get better. It's nice that you came to me, but don't ever again. It'll only get worse if we continue like this. Pack up your things and leave, move on from me. You'd be better off with someone else. You can do so much better.

~Magnus.

  I don't understand. At this point, I'm very confused. He's stated very clearly that he is still in love with me, but there's something holding him back. He loves me, but doesn't want to be with me. If it I knew what was wrong. Instead if leavening, I grab a pen from the draw underneath, and write on the back of the same note.

Magnus,

I love you, and I know you do too. No I can't move on, it's impossible for me. Your intentions are confusing and I don't understand what you're doing, but its clear you don't want me back, in return I'll stop chasing after you. I hope life is nice to you, goodbye.

Ps. "For eternity..." is nothing more than a lie.

Alec

  On top of the note I put the silver chain with my ring dangling from the end. Everything is so confusing, but I'm pretty sure that ring was a lie. But then again, he still loves me. Which leave me very, very, confused, which leaves me angry. I grab all of my clothes I had here. I take one last look at the apartment that I lived in for the last few months and leave, slamming the door on my way out. Even if he's not there, it still feels necessary.

  Isabelle, Jace, and Mom have probably noticed that I was gone all night. Wait, I know they noticed that I was gone all night. So when I got home I didn't even think about being discreet when I walked in. "Mom? Isabelle? Y'all home?" I called out.

  "Alexander!" My Mother came running in from the kitchens, she still had her apron on. "Oh, by the Angel, I was so worried. You never came home so I assumed the worse. Are you okay?"

  "Yeah, I-I'm fine. Nothing happened."

  "Where we're you last night?"

  "No where. Just a friend's, I'm okay." My hands were balled up into fists, so clearly I wasn't fine, and she saw that.

  "I'm making lunch, I'll call you, Jace, and Isabelle when it's ready. She's in the training room if you're wondering and Jace is in his room." Was I really gone for so long? It's already lunchtime. That was few of the only things I could focus on. My anger was boiling over, and I just wanted to leave before I let my rage out in my Mom. She put her hand on my shoulder and kissed the top of my head. She walks back towards the kitchen, but turns around to see me. I give her a nice smile and she turns back. Isabelle is up in the training room, I need to let off some steam, and I've been skipping training for a while, so why not?