Chapter 27:One last time

Warning:Grab your tissue boxes. My dear friend Maddi who hasn't read Tmi and just reads this Fanfic for me rated this chapter a 9.5 out of 10 of sadness.

Alec's POV

My mom was stained with Ichor, her weapon in her right hand. When she returned from the hunt alone, I just assumed that Dad went somewhere else. But when she called me down from my room, I knew there was something else going on. She sat down on the couch in the living room, I sat across from her on the coffee table. She took my own hands in her own, her hands were stained red. Ichor isn't red. My heart was thumping in my chest, I knew what was coming next. A few stray tears escaped from her eyes. "A-A-Alec, your Father." She took a deep breath, it was very difficult for her to say it. "He's, he's, he's dead. A demon got to him. The r-runes wouldn't work. I'm so sorry." Tears were now cutting tracks in her cheeks, but I stayed strong for her. My mind was numb, it was hard to process this new information. Just a few hours ago I was talking to him, it wasn't a good talk, but he was talking. Now he'll never do that again. He went to his grave with the last conversation he had with me was a fight.

  "Come 'mere, Mom." She was in my arms crying freely. She was no longer the strong, understanding woman I knew her as, she was deteriorating in my arms. "Mom, we'll get over this together. You tell Isabelle and Jace when they get back." I rapidly blinked my eyes.

  "Why not you, Alec? I don't think I can do this alone. Please stay with me." She was  pleading with me, I felt really selfish now.

  "Mom, you know I would, but I can't stay here right now." She knew what I was going to go do, everyone would probably know. She nodded her head weakly. "I love you."

  "Please, just make sure you come home. If you don't, I'll never forgive myself."

  "I'll come back, I can guarantee that." I kissed the top of her head and got up. When I was opening the door I took one more look at her. Her face was buried in her hands, and her body shook with each sob. Without another second sprang there, I left. There was a bar pretty close to here if I ran.

~o~

  After the Angel knows how many drinks, I finally leave the bar. This is why I drink so much, I can't feel anything for a while, but I'm the most vulnerable when I'm drunk. Everything is numb and I can't feel anything, but I'm emotionally unstable. There's more cons than pros to drinking my problems away, but I still do it. My feet seem to carry me themselves, I can't feel myself controlling them anymore. I'm probably going just finding an alleyway to pass out in, I can't show up to the institute like this. When I stop moving, I finally see what my destination was. Well, maybe it just might work.

Magnus's POV

Just anything boring day at home. Meeting clients, watching tv, there's nothing much to do anymore. I wonder how Alec's doing, probably moved on by now. He must be doing better than me, but I'm doing better than how I was. Chinese take out boxes don't litter my coffee table anymore, and I put makeup back on. No glitter. Because there's no sparkle to me without Alec.

  Nothing really eventful happens here. Catarina occasionally visits, but she just uses magic to open the door. So when there's a key turning the lock, it's defiantly something new. I pondered for minute who would be coming to me at this time, then I remembered. Alec never returned his key. Without even thinking of the consequences, I run up to the door. He opens it and there he stands there, messy hair and all. His eyes are red, and he's clearly drunk. His blue eyes are now more gray. He only took one look at me before Alec collapsed into my arms. I half carried half dragged him to the couch. Even then when I tried to put him on the couch, he held onto my shirt and pulled me down with him. He apparently knew what he was doing because he pushed himself onto my lap, put his arms around my neck, buried his head in my chest, and let out a shaky breath. "Mags, he's dead, gone, not coming back. I'm so sorry." The tears started to escape his eyes. The man that I still love, falling apart in my arms. Him calling me Mags, him coming to me in his most desperate times, his brain can't probably even process full sentences, yet he remembers my address and to come to me. Not Isabelle, not Jace, not even Clary. More reasons for my heart to shatter into a million pieces. I don't know who he's talking about, but someone important died. "Who died?" I whispered to him soothingly.