Chapter 2:Things

"Aellai come over here" the voice said in its cold tone

I heard footsteps coming towards me, several actually. They suddenly stopped right in front of me to the point where I could feel their breaths on my skin. I winced as a bright blue light illuminated the room, I saw that it was coming from a flame in a man's hand. He had green skin with clawed hands that marked him as a warlock

"Well I looks like we have a mundie here don't we Acheron?" The female next to him said who I guessed was Aellai. She had bright blue hair, I would've mistaken her for one of the fey if it wasn't for her horns.

Mundie? I'm a shadowhunter not a mundane. I tried to tell them that but I couldn't get the words out of my mouth just a small choking noise. I realised that I must have looked like a mundane to them. No normal shadowhunter would go out unarmed on a full moon, and I had my hood to my jacket on, covering all of my runes. As if by a silent command more warlocks appeared, there were at least 30. Each with a different thing that marked them as warlocks ranging from bat wings, goat feet, brightly colored hair and feet, horns, talons, and many more.

The man who Aellai revered to as Acheron swiftly and quickly grabbed me by my shirt slightly lifting me off the ground, with the flames still glowing in his other hand. "The clave prevent us from causing harm to your kind" he paused "but you are on our territory" he said in a voice low enough to be a growl. Aellai walked behind me putting a hand in front of my face that had red sparks coming out of her finger tips. I wanted to fight back knew I could fight off the 2 of them but who knows how the other warlocks would react, so I stood there not being able to move. Just before her hand made contact with my skin she stopped, the sparks had stopped simply leaving her bare hand in front of me.