Chapter 30:The Plan

"He's going to be okay. Just make sure that he doesn't suffer anymore head injuries or else something might really happen to him. As of right now, there are no long-term effects, just make sure he takes it easy," a Silent Brother's voice rang through my already throbbing head. I groaned out of pain and sat up on my elbows. First thing that I notice is that I'm still wearing my bloody gear and this is the hospital in Idris. What happened that ended me up here, no idea. My memory is a but fuzzy right now, but I still remember everything that lead up to my injury. We were on a rescue mission to get-who? Magnus, Luna, and Julie! That's what we were doing. A guy hit me in the head, hard. Isabelle noticed me trying to sit up and sat on the bed. "Alec, are you doing okay?"

  "I think so, but my head hurts so much."

  "I'll get Catarina to make you a potion when she's rested. She stayed up all night healing Mag-a person."

  "You mean Magnus."

  "I don't want you to worry."

  "I want to see him." Screw being nice, just be demanding. "Where is he?"

  "Alec that isn't a good idea."

  "Why? A headache won't kill me, I can walk."

  "Alec, that's not the problem. You need to prepare yourself for what you're about to see."

  "Move. Let me get up." She moved off my bed and offered her hand to me, and I jerked my hand away. She looked hurt, but I brushed it off. She lead me to an area cut off by curtains. She pulled them back to expose what was inside. There were two beds, on one lay Catarina, resting. On the other is Magnus. He's laying face down on his stomach with the sheets stopping at his waist, showing long white scars on his muscular-dammit Alec, that's not what I should be focusing on, back and hands. Isabelle tried to stop me, but I rushed to his side. Lightly skimming my fingers over them. "What happened," I barely was able to choke out the words.

  "We don't know. He hasn't woken up. We found him like this, except the scars we open and he was pale." It's hard to imagine him worse than he is right now. His lips aren't the normal pink color, or glossy if he has makeup on, they're more pale, and you can see that he tried to fight back given the bruses on his hands and wrists. Or it can be from being tied up.

  "What about the others. Julie and Luna."

  "Julie is in pretty much perfect condition, expect she's a bit unstable. Julie says Luna is still with Sebastian, and who knows where he is. The Clave is going to put her up to the mortal sword today."

  "When is she being put to the mortal sword."

  "At five. It's three right now. Catarina should be rested by then, you'll get a potion then."

  "Okay, I'm going to stay here for a while then. When Catarina wakes up I can ask her, and I'll stay here in case Magnus wakes up."

  "Alec. We don't know if he's going to wake up. He lost a lot if blood-."

  "I don't want to hear it. Just leave and go do whatever you planned on doing all day." Without responding, she closed the curtains and left. I moved and sat on the bed with Magnus. "Hey Mags. They say if you talk to someone when they're in a coma that can hear you. I really hope that's not the case because I'd be pretty embarrassing if you heard what I'm about to say." He didn't stir in his sleep, so I continued speaking. "This isn't how I thought we were going to meet up again. Actually, I didn't expect us to meet up ever again  unless it was for business. Knowing me, I'd probably call you saying it for business just to hear your voice; just to make sure you're still doing good. Wow, this is a lot harder than I thought. All those things I said on the note I left you, none of it is true. At the moment I was angry and confused, I didn't mean it, I still want you back. There's still hope at the back of my head that I'll be back at your apartment and we'd be happy. Who knows if that will actually ever happen, If you still love me back. You're really confusing sometimes. If only if there was a way to know if you feel the same way right now." Some point during my speech I grabbed his hand, and now I was rubbing circles on his hand with my thumb. What I didn't notice was the coldness of silver on my hand. Surprising that Sebastian let him keep it, even more surprising is that he kept it. After all of that I thought that he would've thrown it out, or given it away because according to Isabelle Tiffany's is expensive. "Maybe there is a way to tell me you still love me. I know this doesn't mean that we're back together, but I have time. I can wait. Maybe when this is all over we can talk it over and try again." That's when I decided to get up. "Hopefully when I'm back you're awake and well."