Chapter 33:War

Alec's POV

  "Isabelle, you're being serious, right?" Isabelle was in Idris and we literally have a couple of hours until the big battle. All of the people that are going to participate in the war all gathered in Accords Hall to discus strategy, and Isabelle wanted to say something before we began. She explained her whole encounter with Sebastian, perfectly repeating what he said. It's disturbing and flat-out wrong for him to try something like that. She isn't doing very well either. When she went out to see Simon after the whole thing, she involuntarily flinched away from him every time he tried to touch her. Sebastian is sicker than we all thought.

  "Oh course I'm being serious! Why would I lie about that?"

  "You have a point. Thanks for telling us; now he's really going to pay for what he did."

  "Wait, I'm not finished. I'm enraged by what he did, so I want to be the one to kill him in a way that will for sure leave him begging for death." Jia spoke up before I replied.

  "Well don't keep us waiting. Tell us."

  "Well, with the help of Jace, once we weaken his army that I can run towards him with Jace. He's learned to control his heavenly fire now, and he can grab Sebastian from behind and let his heavenly fire burn him. Once I feel like he's hand enough, I'll take his head off with my whip." Everyone started to talk all at once, so it was just a muffle of voices. Others might think her plan is crazy, she could get killed any moment while she does that, along with Jace. But, it could work too. He's caused so many people to lose family and loved ones, so he deserves his final moments to be as painful as possible. If it wasn't for him Luna, Max, and Catarina would still be with us.

  "I'm all for it. Anyone whos against it, speak now." No one said a word. It was completely quiet, which is rare. "It's settled then. Isabelle Lightwood, I hope you're ready for this."

~o~

  It's time. Time for this bloody war to end. It's exiting yet nerve racking at the same time. Everyone's lives depends on their part in this battle. For once, everyone is important, like it should be. The plan is basic. It's very unlikely that the Seelie Queen will be here, even though she like to be on "the winning side" she doesn't fight, she leaves that to the members of her court; so we won't really worry about her. Sebastian is what we're worried about. Magnus is in another room, summoning his father to come here in physical form. Once he's here and the battle has begun he'll go out first and suck out all of the demon energies. Magnus asked him if he could take out Sebastian's demon energies, he didn't agree unless he was given something else in exchange. Magnus didn't like this, so he just left it as it is. After he absorbs the energies that will only leave the faeries, which won't be too hard to beat. If they don't back out after most if Sebastian's army is "destroyed" as Magnus's Father liked to call it, we wipe out as many of the fae as possible and while they're in small numbers, Jace and Isabelle will attack Sebastian. It's likely that the remaining fae will leave because they've lost, or keep fighting because of pride, which, once again, won't be hard since they'll already be in small numbers. Even though my life is on the line, it's not the thing that's been nagging at me all day. I'd makes no sense if I explained it to someone, but the thing I've been thinking about all day is Magnus leaving New York for good. It's stupid, I know, a normal person would think I'm on something of they knew that's all I cared about. What I would say to them is "Love does crazy things to you."

  Minutes seem to lengthen into hours, but I use this as an advantage. Tessa Gray also came to fight today, and if anyone knows anything about Magnus it's her. She's standing at the end of the hall, seraph blade in hand. I go though what feels like a thousand bodies until I reach her. "Tessa, I wanted to ask you something." She looked up from the ground with her gray eyes. She seemed dazed at my eyes, but quickly snapped out of it.