Chapter 31:The Results of Helping

Alec's POV

  A few days after the rescue, once everyone was okay, we went back to New York. Except for Julie, she stayed in Idris with Joshua. Magnus is really going along with this. He's going to summon his father and ask him if he'll help us. We don't know much about prince's of hell, but we do know is they hate being summoned almost as much as angels. That's why Magnus is doing it, because he's the son of the demon, and he said he had something to offer to him. He didn't say what it was, but he said that it would definitely get his father to work for us. We're all going to meet up at his apartment at five for the summoning. Until then, we went back to the institute while Magnus went to go set everything up at his apartment.

  At the institute I went back to my room and sat down on my bed. I didn't notice Isabelle at the door into she sat next to me. "Hey. This isn't how you expected to find out, is it?"

  "No, not really. What I expected is that he would tell me personally."

  "How do you feel about that. I mean, his father, you know. He's very powerful."

  "Well I can't really do anything about it. What happened to the rest, I just hope doesn't happen to him." If you carry Beelzebub or even Satan's(that's even worse) they usually go insane. Vicious psychopaths that end up having to be put down by shadowhuters. The demon blood inside them decides to take over and they just become shells of what they used to be. Which ever one is your father is why that happens. If they see potential in you they'll have their blood take over. Surprisingly, it hasn't happened to Magnus yet, hopefully it never will. No wonder he's never told anyone, their children are almost always killed as soon as they're found. Jia probably didn't plan on killing him as soon as she could because he's helping us. This also gives them more powerful magic, which also explains why he's high warlock. "It can't happen to him, I just don't want it to. What if when he summons him that's the price for him working for us. Don't say that there isn't a price because there is. There always is."

  "It's okay Alec, be won't turn like the others. You know why? Because he loves you. Love conquers over all."

  "That was the corny-est thing you've ever said to me." I tried to keep my face straight(too late for that) because it's a serious situation.

  "Well it's true, look at me and Simon. We're finally officially together. Clary and Jace are still together even though he can barely touch her and she stabbed him with a sword."

  "Will you look at that. Jace owes me five dollars."

  "You bet on me!" She gave mock offence and started punching me. I waved my hands is defeat, even if it didn't really hurt. "Hey, hey! That was a joke."

  "Whatever. Get ready because we're going to Magnus's in a bit." Since I wasn't going to make myself look good for Magnus because he's seen my clothes and doesn't care about it, I just laid down for a while.

Magnus's POV

  Everything is set up in my office. Candles, spellbook, rowan stick to draw the pentagram, and that's about it. All I need is the shadowhunters to come. Jia sent them to make sure I live up to my promise, and if it even works or what price it comes with. Last time I summoned my father was centuries ago and that was just to see if he even was my father, and even that had a price. What he'll ask for now, I have no idea, I just hope I don't have to pay with my life.

  Just as the clock hit five the shadowhunters arrived just on time. It was almost like the first time I met them all. Jace and Clary leading in the front, Isabelle behind them, and Alec trailing in the back. That seems like it was years ago, but in reality it's only been a few months. A lot can happen in a few months, and my life has never been changed so much in suck short time. "Magnus, you have everything set and up ready?" Jace asked.