Chapter 7:The Date

Alec's POV

  The whole party was basically me standing in a corner stealing occasional glances from Magnus. His eyes seemed to put me in a trance, like no time passed as I looked at him. At one point during the party he walked passed me putting a piece of paper in my hand and curling my fingers around it. Written on it in black ink and fairly nice hand writing was his number. At the moment it seemed like I was stuck in that moment in time like nothing else mattered. Well time passed along quicker than I thought and before I knew it Isabelle came for me telling me we're leaving. We left his apartment at a about midnight and the sky had turned a dark blue and the street lights and skyscrapers filled the night with light.

  When we got outside Isabelle grabbed me by my collar and pulled me back from the rest of the group until we were a fair length away from them. "So how did it go with Magnus" she told me in a whisper.

  "Iz, it's nothing" I replied and started to walk in front for her to get away. she grabbed me again but this time by my left sleeve. "C'mon you know you can tell me" she looked at me with a determined look in her eye. I didn't tell her anything besides the fact that I had a date with him on Friday. Before I even finished the sentence she pulled me into a hug that was choking me. She insisted that we MUST go shopping for clothes for me tomorrow which I was NOT looking forward to(if you know izzy you know that shopping with her is awful because she will basically say that she's going to find stuff for you but ends up buying 5 dresses for herself).

  I finally managed to get away from her and walk by myself. Once we reached the institute I left everyone and went to my room. I reached into my pocket and pulled out Magnus's number. I grabbed my phone and started to text him.

  Hey, it's Alec from the party. Gosh my heart was pounding waiting for a reply. Maybe it was too late, maybe he's asleep. All of my thoughts were cleared once I received a reply three minutes later.

  Hey Alec, for what do I owe this pleasure

  I was just wondering, where do you plan on taking me on Friday

  Oh darling that's for me to know and for you to find out, just come dressed nice to my apartment at 8:00pm

  Okay, well I'm going to bed now, I'll see you on Friday I guess

  Goodnight my darling.

  By the time we finished talking I was having a heart attack. I was nervous about seeing him on Friday but I still wanted to. After a while I got off my bed and changed into a t-shirt and shorts and peacefully went to sleep for the first time in a long time.

  I woke to the smell of smoke. Izzy just HAD to cook today. I got out of bed and changed into regular clothes, jeans with a white t-shirt, a black sweater on top, and some Doc Martins(the sweater has a small hole in the elbow but I just ignore that). I slowly walked to the kitchen dreading what Izzy cooked today. When j walked in the kitchen I saw Izzy and Jace sitting at the table with pancakes from taki's. I grabbed at plate a sat at the table with them  nd grabbed some food. Jace was the first to speak up. "So Alec, how did you like the party?" He said to me.

  "It was fine in guess, I've never really liked parties though." Isabelle started to smile and I kicked her under the table, it wiped the smile straight off her face.

  "Yeah it was alright, we found out what we needed to so that's good, what about you Iz?"

  "Oh you know, I had a good time" she replied with that smile of hers back on her face. Once we finished eating we put our plates in the sink saying we'll wash them "later". Isabelle grabbed her purse and told me we're leaving to go shopping. I completely forgot about her forcing me to go shopping with her. We walked outside and into her silver convertible and drove off to the mall.