Prologue

The teenage boy wandered through the market.

To the others, he was just a simple alien. A Galra boy cast out of the empire. The leader in numerous rebellions against Zarkon.

But he was much more on the inside.

He past by a fruit stand, and noticed the tiny alien boy begging for a piece of fruit. But the stand owner was paying the little alien no attention.

The teen looked at the alien solemnly with his wide yellow eyes.

The alien boy seemed almost as if he were begging for his life rather than fruit. He was just so..... Thin. Frail.

Scared.

It reminded him of growing up in the empire with his sister. Oh, how he missed her.

The teenage boy turned to the stand owner.

"Why are you ignoring him", he asked the man sharply, "Can you not see that he is starving?"

The stand owner snorted, "He's a begger. I don't tolerate begger boys, and I definitely won't tolerate you questioning me! Now scram!"

The owner looked fierce, but that didn't faze the teen. He's dealt with more horrific creatures than this fat and lazy, good-for-nothing stand owner.

The boy grinned, showing a complete set of sharp teeth.

"Give him the fruit", he said calmly.

The owner scoffed, "Why would I ever-"
He stopped when he saw his hand involuntarily reach for the fruit.

"What in the world?!?", he exclaimed as he handed the alien boy the fruit, obviously not out of his own free will.

The boy grinned and ran off.

The teenager laughed.

"How are you doing this?!?", the owner asked fearfully, staring wide-eyed at the Galra boy.

The teen stepped forward, grinning, and stroked the owners face. Their noses were mere inches apart, and the owner couldn't move.

"I can do this because I'm Kopheline DiNicolo", he whispered, "I am the Shadow."