Chapter 22

Kipper had his fingers tightly wrapped around Pidge's throat, pining the paladin to the alleyway wall.

The sensible side of him had vanished suddenly. He was wrought with flashbacks of the past few years of his life.

He was made fun of. Laughed at by other members of the revolution. Ridiculed by an endless amount of planets.

"Who gave you the vlorping right to bring that up?", Kipper hissed. Pidge struggled under his grasp.

Starlin appeared in his thoughts.

'Stop it immediately, Kopheline', she ordered. Her violet-black eyes glared daggers into him.

What the hells do you know, Star?! Get out of my head!

'Stop.'

"Kipper, it's okay!", Pidge choked out. His hazelnut eyes were wide with terror as he clawed at Kipper's hand.

'You don't need to fight with Pidge about this. Come to your senses, dear cousin.'

"It's not okay!", Kipper yelled.
"How would you know?! It's never okay!"

"I know because I'm actually a girl too!!", Pidge screamed.

Starlin clicked her tongue and left, shaking her head disdainfully.

Pidge fell to the ground as Kipper dropped him, gasping for air.
"I'm... A girl too."

Kipper stood. Frozen.

Then he quickly engulfed Pidge in an embrace.

"I'm so sorry!", the hybrid cried apologetically, "I can't control my mood swings sometimes, I'm so so sorry, Pidge! I didn't mean to hurt you!"

He was crying.

Crying at the memories.

'Faker.'

'Idiot.'

'Dumbass.'

Crying that Pidge just admitted something so sensitive to him.

Crying because he just hurt his friend and companion.

"It's okay", Pidge reassured with a nervous chuckle.
"I get asked a lot of questions too. I don't really care what I get called. There's a lot more important things to me than pronouns."

Kipper buried his face into Pidge's hair.

He couldn't forgive himself.

But at least Pidge forgave him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Piflin looked around the dark building. It was full of dark lights and dancing humans.

"This is my work", Delilah explained, "Mrs Genevieve takes the money they give me to give to the other kids."

Piflin cocked his head.
"What do you do? Can I help?"

The little girl grinned.
"Sure!"

They grabbed hands and ran to the back.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Delly is living the night life man", Lance chuckled.

Hunk held the flyer in his hands.

"The Electric Girl" was what it read, and had a picture of a little girl in a black tutu holding a lit lightbulb.

"She works at a club?, Hunk asked in disbelief, "Isn't she like... Six?"

"Yeah", Shiro said.

Oh man.

We have to go to a nightclub.

Somebody hold Lance back.