Chapter 33

The tall alien looked down at the short boy in front of him.

"Sonny, you're just a kid", he said gruffly, "What makes you think I'm going to let you join my army?"

The boy snapped his fingers, and two of the guards exploded.

The alien looked down in shock at him.

"I muttered a simple spell while you weren't looking", the boy grinned, "And besides, they were plotting against you. I could tell by the look in their eyes."

The alien stuck his hand out and shook the boy's.

"What's your name kid?"

"Kopheline Dinicolo. Nephew of Zarkon's witch Haggar."

"Welcome aboard, Private Dinicolo."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Young Brenan grabbed the girl's wrist as she walked by him.

Young dutchess Lizmira smirked at him, batting her eyelashes.
"What's the matter, Cousin?", she sneered, "Can't you let a lady through?"

"Drop it", Brenan growled.

Lizmira groaned and dropped the stolen pendant into his hand. Brenan hastily let her go afterwards.

"I'm going to report you to Her Magesty if you don't quit stealing from the servants", Brenan threatened.

She grinned.
"And who do you think she's going to believe, huh? Her niece the dutchess, or a lowlife nephew of hers?"

Their murderous glares were suddenly cut short when a baby crawled into the room.

Brenan reached down to pick up the infant. Prince Piflin looked at the both of them with wide wandering eyes.

"We will continue this later, Liz", the older male said.

Lizmira rolled her eyes and strolled away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shiro watched through the glass of a department store as chaos broke outside.

Not my problem, for now. Hopefully they can keep control over themselves and not go overboard.

The Paladin curiously walked into the make-up section of the store.