Chapter 5

Pidge sleepily walked through the door.

Training was earlier than usual.

The hybrids, all except for Piflin, were standing around, marveling their unique uniforms. Each one of them had the symbol of Voltron across their chest, and each suit was modified to fit the needs of each hybrid.

Azalea's suit lacked boots or gloves, allowing her to use her own bands.

Starlin's suit allowed her to unfurl her wings without tearing it apart.

Skipper's suit had a built-in red diamond at the base of her throat, to ease mood swings.

Kipper was given a pair of high-tech goggles that instantly gave him measurements and allowed him to even see in dim lighting.

"So what's the plan, boss?", Lance asked cheekily.

"As you can see, everyone's uniform is color-coded. Your training assignment is to bond and understand your training partner."

"STAR!"

"BOOTS, WE'RE PARTNERS! YAY!"

"Skipper? I... I swear you were just standing there... Oh there you are!"

Pidge looked around as everyone split up.

He was left with...

Kipper.

The taller boy grinned down at Pidge.
"Looks like we're training buddies, huh?", he chuckled.

Pidge shrugged.
"Yeah. I guess so."

"You're Pidge right? You're cuter up close than it seemed!"

".... Thanks?"

He thinks I'm completely a guy.

Which means Kipper is gay, at least.

But he seems so open about it, so I doubt that's what he's hiding.

They both sat down.

Pidge pulled out his laptop.

Now's my time to figure him out.

What is he hiding in the shadows?

He peered over his laptop at the hybrid. The hybrid boy had his dark eyes intently focused on a small holographic screen in front of him.

Is that code?

Kipper met Pidge's gaze and smiled.
"We have to get into Earth somehow, right?"

HE'S HACKING PAST NASA?!?

Kipper burst into hearty laughter at the shocked expression on Pidge's face.

"NASA?!"

"Not only NASA", Kipper boasted, "but every piece of aerospace security on the planet Earth."

He's... A freaking genius.

And he treats it so casually.

It's irritating.

His dark eyes hid something. Something under the shining intelligence of his gold-rimmed black irises.

I'm going to find out.

You can't hide from this tech genius, Kopheline.

~~~~~~~~~~~

There was A lOt more written, but wattpad decided to delete it all, so please excuse the shittyness of this chapter
~JM