Chapter 19

The dark sky.

The large buildings.

The water called "rain" that fell from the sky.

It all still had Kipper in awe.

Azalea screeched with joy, practically bouncing in her wheelchair.

The light-haired hybrid had to be confined to a wheelchair. Her anti-gravitational habits of not touching the ground would definitely attract unwanted attention.

"Azalea and I will head to the adoption center to see if we can find more information. You two head to whatever city hall is here."

The group split up.

Pidge found a map, and currently the pair were on their way.

"Calm down!", Pidge laughed at the tall dork.
Kipper anxiously walked in circles, trying to avoid the eyes of the girls across the street.

"They won't stop staring!", he complained. He hastily tossed his hood over his head, now blocking their gaze.

Pidge teased him.
"They think you're hot."

Crossing his arms, Kipper smirked mischievously.
"I mean, I don't blame them for thinking I'm hot", he boasted, "But everyone deserves the right to not be stared at like an animal."

"Besides", the hybrid added casually, "They aren't my type."

Pidge raised an eyebrow.
"Your type?", he scoffed.
"Honestly you seem like the guy who would flirt with anyone and everyone."

"I'll compliment them, yes, but that doesn't mean they are my type. I like quieter people. People who don't draw attention to themselves. Reserved. I find those types of people reassuring and relaxing."

Kipper pressed a finger to his temple.
"I swear, I will never date a crazy bitch like Vian ever again... Excuse my heathen language."

"You dated Vian?!", Pidge burst out. The shorter boy doubled over in laughter.
"That must've been a rough time."

Kipper rolled his eyes, chuckling.

He remembered why he broke up with Vian.

She wouldn't accept who he was.

His gender.

So he left her for dead in the midst of a raid on a Galra ship.

Eh, she deserved it.

I need someone quieter.

He looked down at the Paladin who's eyes were intently focused on the map.

Pidge had wide, hazelnut eyes.
They were pretty.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Starlin punched the wall.

"Her energy keeps moving!", she yelled, "How am I supposed to keep up?!"

Hunk chuckled along with Skipper.

"Good luck finding a rambunctious child", Skipper smirked.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Piflin!! Stop eating pretzels!"

The Jaspanian Prince shouted something muffled. His face was stuffed with soft pretzels.

The two children ran down into the subway and snuck onto a train.

"Do you even know where we're going?", Piflin asked with a bit of skepticism.

"No clue!", Delilah laughed.