Chapter 37

You can do this.

C'mon, I know you can.

If you don't, then the past two years would have been a waste.
Learning all about them.

Studying them.

Hunting them.

The man opened up the door to his spaceship.

He looked back at the pilot with open eyes.
"This is where you get off, Sir", the pilot told him.

The man thanked him.

Looking down, he saw New York City below him. The ship was cloaked so that it wouldn't be seen.

Mission starts now.

Reports of the Dutchess Lizmira had been reported by the spies there. It was confirmed that she had two hybrid children.

He couldn't let her take the kids back to her fiance, or the war would be at a loss.

So the spy troupe sent their best soldier. A human man from Earth himself.

Captured by the Galra two years earlier, he had been kept as their prisoner until the spy troupe of rebels freed him and many others. Since then, he had been keeping an eye on the hybrids of Haggar.

The man leapt from the ship and spread out his arms.

He soared down like a lizard.

Target located.

He landed with a thud on top of the taxi Lizmira was in.

Fatal mistake, Dutchess.

You chose a taxi with a sunroof.

With that thought, the man flung the roof open and snatched the two kids from inside before Lizmira could comprehend what was happening.

He took the two children and uncuffed them, then dragged them into the sidewalk crowd.
For some strange reason, the city-dwellers were in a panic.

The female child tugged on his shirt.

Delilah DiNicolo. Six years old. Child of one of Haggar 's druids. Her companion is Piflin, Prince of Jaspen, Galra bloodline unspecified.

"Who are you?!"

"Oh I'm sorry!", the man laughed, "Where are my manners?!"

He pulled away his mask that had been covering his face. The man looked at the two children with warm, chestnut-colored eyes.

"My name is Matt Holt."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IT'S BEEN AWHILE SINCE I'VE DROPPED AN OLD FASHIONED PLOT TWIST LMAO
~JM