Chapter 36

Kipper always acted so solid. So arrogantly stable.

But the boy lying in a fetal position, asleep on the ground with tears on his face, spoke otherwise.

In the end, he was like the rest of his family. All trying to hide their true emotions.

Azalea smiling to stop herself from crying.

Starlin keeping a stoic face.

Skipper trying to seem calm, but was actually a ticking time bomb.

And Kipper trying to hide the fact that he was broken as well.

Pidge sighed. He had come outside to check on Kipper, only to find the boy in his emotional state.

He sat down with his laptop beside Kipper.

"I can't leave you out here by yourself", Pidge quietly told the sleeping boy, "So I'm just going to stay here until you wake up."

Kipper's head shifted to where the top of his head connected with Pidge's hip, as if unconsciously accepting his presence there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Azalea sat on her bed, staring out the window. Her fingers gently pressed against the glass, against the figures in the yard.

"Boots", she whispered, "Look!"

Keith groaned into the pillow beside her, giving her a sideways glance from under his bangs.

"Look! They're actually getting along!"

"You know I can't go to sleep until you lay down too, right? I don't need you floating off to the ceiling."

"I can handle myself."

"You've gotten pretty cocky, Korraine", Keith said curtly. He wrapped his arm around her waist and dragged her down to the purple sheets.

Azalea whined.
"You're no fun."

Keith wrapped her in the sheets and held her close to him. He pressed his lips to her forehead.

"And yet you still accepted my proposal", he playfully pointed out.

Azalea didn't respond, she just smiled and closed her eyes.

She didn't fall asleep of course. Instead, she listened to Keith's breathing slow down and even itself out.

Then she wiggled herself out to look out the window.

Smiling, she propped her face in her hands.

"Your personalities might be different", she said to the two figures in the yard, "But you fit each other well."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sorry for not updating sooner!

I'll update another chapter soon! The Voltron fandom is reawakening, so I'm relevant again! 😂😂
~JM