Chapter 17

It was hard tearing Azalea away from her family home.

Seven years away, and she only stayed a day.

Rain pattered against the tinted window of the bus.
Azalea sat under Keith's arm, peacefully asleep. Her feet stayed afloat in the air in front of her.

In her arms was the little stuffed bear from her childhood. It was the only thing she brought with her.

Pidge leaned his head against the window.

Earth.

Home.

Yet without his family, it felt so foreign.

He noticed Kipper glancing at a sketch that he pulled out of his pocket.

It was of a little girl. A long-haired girl with a beautiful smile.

Pidge guessed it was Delilah.

Kipper then pulled out a headset.
Pidge almost forgot that Lance had given it to the hybrid, who had grown fond over it in a matter of days.

Then, he closed his eyes and began singing.

It was... Strangely serenading.
Like a melancholy lullaby, a mix of different tones in just one lyric.

He sung in a deep voice, yet at the higher notes, he still caught it perfectly.

There was something feminine about his voice.

Now that I look at it... There's something feminine about his face too. It's faintly there, but still there.

And the picture...

Is that Delilah?

And how are Kipper and Skipper identical twins? Twins of different sex can't be identical...

Unless they aren't different.

Pidge's memory flashed back to when Kipper was hit with the soccer ball.

It didn't hurt him.

Feminine voice.

Feminine face.

Lack of pain when hit in the groin.

Is the identical twin to a female, which is impossible unless...

Kipper is a female.

It hit Pidge that the picture of Delilah wasn't Delilah at all.

It was himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skipper was immensely worried, but she didn't show it.

If anything happened to Kipper, she wouldn't forgive herself.

Kipper was... Friendly enough. Much friendlier than her, at first glance.

But if anyone ever thought that she had the worst temper, they were sorely mistaken.

Yes, Skipper had a horrible temper and raging mood swings, but Kipper was scarier with his.

You never expect them.

They aren't as common as hers.

And they're much more violent.

Kipper would black out and kill someone, then come back to reality with no recollection of what he had done.

Pidge. Keith. Azalea.

Whatever you do...

Please don't upset him too badly.

Skipper was worried that her laid-back brother would turn on everyone in the blink of an eye.

And kill them all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Should I do more chapters ft Piflin and Delilah?
~JM