Chapter two- Getting a job

I wake up at around eleven the next morning, doing my usual routine that I do.
I get up, and then dance my way to my kitchen to make myself some chocolate chip pancakes with hashbrowns. Why that because its my favorite breakfast of all times.
Plus I dont gain weight so I can eat as much as I want.
While my coffee is being made (yes, i drink coffee) I sit at the bar and think about what I should do today.
Oh! I know! Ill look for a job so I can actually get stuff for myself. You see, i bought this loft above the bar, and I don't need to pay anything besides electric. Not even the water or any pet of my choosing, because no-one wanted it or even knew about it. I found it out of the blue. Who wouldn't want this place?! Its freaking awesome in my opinion.
I notice my coffee is done and so are the hashbrowns. The pancakes were already in my tummy^-^. Like I said, I love cooking.

After my eventful breakfast I shower and change into a dark blue summer dress with black leggings and my famous babies, my combat boots. I also put on my make-up but not much. Then put on a light jacket because i need pockets and I dont have any. I grab some money and my phone and walk out my door and into the summer heat of New Orleans..

Walking along New Orleans was absolutely beautiful. The old vintage buildings to the new ones that balance out its actual age.
So many people well, mostly tourists walking along the streets with smiles. Children laughing and playing around.
I walk a bit until I see a bar that I can't pronounce its name but starts with an "R". I walk in amd see not a lot of people. What do you expect for being Noon. Anyway, I walked up to the bar and notice a stunning girl with dark hair working behind it so I came up to talk to her.

"Hey can I get a rootbeer please?" I ask her.
She looks up at me, then smiles
"Coming right up" and then gets me the rootbeer.
"Thank you" I say with a smile.
"No problem, hey, are you new here? I haven't seen you around here before"
"Yea I moved here yesterday and now Im looking for a job, do have any idea whose hiring or not?"
"Actually, we are hiring here, what's your name?"
"Briar-Rose Miker"
"Beautiful name, Im Sophie. How old are you and what are you good at?"
"Ahaha thank you, and im twenty one, and im good at singing" I say with a tint of pink in my cheeks.
"Are you good at serving drinks?"
" Of course"
"Also, could you by anychance sing me something since you say you're a singer?" she asks me with a smile.
I thought of a song and one popped in my head.
So I looked at the stage and notice a guitar on it and so I walk up to it and sit down on a stool.
I look up to Sophie and smile then started strumming the guitar and singing the very song I wrote about my ex best friend.
The customers who were  there stopped what they were doing and listen to me sing.

WhenI was finished I looked up at Sophie who has the biggest smile I've seen her have.
I look out and notice everyone here clapping for me so I smile too and get off the stage and walk back to the bar.
"You're hired and you perform four night a week at seven. It will bring in so many customers. If you need a band I'll get one as well."
I look at her in shock for a second, then I give her a bright smile that could swoon anyone.
"Thank you so so much! When do I start?"
"How about tonight?"
"Perfect" was the last thing I said before saying goodbye to her and walk to the door. When I got to the door I accidentally ran into someone with a hard chest.
"I am so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going!" I state then look up at the six foot tall African American man that I ran into.
"Its okay sweetheart" he says with a bright smile.
"Im Briar-Rose" I state as I hold out my hand.
He takes it and smiles more if that was even possible.
I knew who that man was when I looked into his deep chocolate brown eyes.
"Beautiful name, I'm Marcel"