Chapter Thirty-Five: Dahlia

"So what's this about curse of the first born?" Bekka asks Nik. We were all outside while Hope is taking a nap so we can talk about whats going on.
"It seems our older sister Freya didn't die of plague, she was taken by our Aunt Dahlia for something our mother has done."
"Of course, Finn lost the sister he adored and had to deal with judging siblings that judged him to be daft."
"So what are we going to do about your Looney Aunt Dahlia." Hayley asks.
"Well she's dead so wouldn't be a problem" Elijah says to her.
"Like Esther?" And he shut up after that.
"No one is going to get our daughter, and sister if you get more firewood you're gonna burn down the entire state of Arkansas" She says something that lead to Elijah chuckling and making Hayley andI confused.
"What are you guys on about?" I ask them.
"whenever we had a bonfire we wrote our wishes and put them in the fire for good luck" Bekka tells us.
"Hey! my siblings and I did that too" I say making them look at me surprised.
"Since I was sixteen my siblings and I threw parties, mostly my brother because he loved fire as much as we did. So almost every other weekend, ir even three times a week we had bonfires, wote stuff down, sometimes old ex's stuff we had and burned our past away. We also got drunk so it was easier for us. That was until our house was sold, and I moved a thousand miles away, and they drifted apart." I explained to them. They then smiled at me.
"Hopes first bonfire, we're doing it" Hayley says determined. I laugh at her and followed her to the house. Once I walked in and saw Hayley with Hope I smiled. Hope saw me and smiled at me as well. Hayley then turns around and smiles at me as well.
"So I heard Hope has taken a liking to you" she chuckles at me. I do too.
"I think she knows im a powerful witch, and that im the good guy" I say and walk up to them. I hold Hopes little hand and kiss it making her giggle.
"Listen, can I talk to you?" Hayley asks me. I look back to her confused. "Of course you can! What's up?"
"So, to find out, I can create hybrids to help protect Hope, and to do that, I have to marry Jackson" she says to me. Making my eyes go big.
"Marry Jackson?! Are you sure you want that?" I asked her. She nods her head.
"Yeah, doesn't help I have feelings for him anyway, and it's for Hope as well. So it's okay" I look at her for a bit.
"Okay, it's your decision, and I support you either way. Plus I love Jackson, and I haven't seen him in a while I miss him" I state making her chuckle. I look down to Hope.
"How do you feel about mommy getting married? " I ask her. And she makes this weird noise making us both laugh.
"Oh! Jackson has one request that I couldn't agree more with" she says to me. I look at her confused.
"And what's that?"
"You have to sing at our wedding" she says with a smile.
I laugh at her.
"Ahaha okay Hayles, I'll do it, only if I can perform a dance with someone you wouldn't expect." She  looks at me curiously.
"Of course, but whose your partner?" she  asks.
"That's a secret" Then look down at Hope to see she wanted me to hold her. I look up to Hayley and she hands me Hope. "I have to tell Elijah and Rebekka anyway." She kisses Hopes head and walks out. I look down at Hope and she's already looking at me smiling. I had to smile back because she's so fucken adorable.
"It seems she really does adore you" I hear at the doorway. I look and see Nik smiling at the both of us. I chuckle at him.
"I honestly don't know why. Maybe that I saved her the day she was born, or that she senses my power, but either way, she can't get enough of me" I state then look down to her making her giggle again. "She even gave me a hug before you and Hayley drove in" I state and look at him.
"How are you so good with children?" he asks me.
"I told Elijah the same thing. One of my friends consider me family, his little sister, so he has his son call me Aunty Rose, and I helpedtaking care of him." I say to him. He smiles at me again. I look down to Hope to see her playing with my hair.
"I have never seen Elijah so happy when it comes to you Rose" I then look up at him.
"He, and this family, wouldn't be the same without you. You, and my daughter, is this families hope and happiness" he says to me, making me teary eyed. I didn't even notice a tear fell until I felt Hopes hand wake me where the tear fell, scaring me and making us laugh. I look down to her and kissed her forhead.
"you, my dear, are to precious" She giggles again.
"Okay Princess, wanna see daddy?" I ask her and point to Nik. She then grins at me and holds her hands out to Nik. He then grabs her, grins at her and gives me a kiss on my head and walks away. Now I have time to write my wish. Once I was finished Elijah walks in and smiles at me. I smile back at him.
"By the way, im singing at Hayleys wedding, and we are performing our dance as well" and his eyes go big. I walk up to him and put my hands on his face. "Don't worry, you'll be fine, plus since we are here watching Hope, and sorta you, We have time to practice" I say to him with a gentle smile. He then places his head on mine.
"What would I do without you" he whispers to me.
"I dont know, you tell me" I say smirking and he chuckles and kisses me.