O Shit Whaddup

"He's coming tomorrow for dinner and he's staying the night." Matthew had announced a week after the wedding.
And so, there they were, waiting eagerly by the door as a car pulled into the driveway, impatient to meet the person Matthew had brought into this world.
The Canadian hadn't told them much about this boy, but they did know he was fourteen and was given up at birth to a couple who lived in Montréal.
Matthew didn't seem too excited about having him over. In fact, the blond spent the day in his room, not bothering to come out until the car pulled in.
The boy who stepped out looked older than he was. His hair was a mousy brown and was pin strait. A little sprig stuck out of the front, hovering over his thick eyebrows. He clearly had a better sense of fashion than his father. Berwald had never seen a fourteen year old wear a vest and tie.
"He's so cute!" Tino smiled.
"Don't call him cute. He doesn't like it." Matthew muttered, standing up immediately and putting on an air of welcome. "Bonjour!"
"Bonjour." The boy scoffed.
"Do you want to come in?! I have dinner almost done! Well...I mean...Matthew did most of the cooking...but-"
"Mhm." The boy adjusted the strap on his hockey duffle bag and walked through the door without another word.
"Uhm..." Matthew faltered. "This is Jean-Paul...Jean, this is Tino and Berwald..."
"Mhm." Jean-Paul had already moved into the house. He dropped his bag next to the shoe closet before sitting down in the seat next to Peter.
"I'll serve the food..." Matthew muttered. He scurried off to the kitchen while Tino and Berwald took their seats at the table.
"So, tell me about yourself!" Tino requested, voice bubbly enough to tighten Berwald's pants.
"There's not much to tell..." Jean-Paul ran his finger along the edge of his plate.
"Do you play any sports?"
"I play hockey."
"So do I!"
"Oh yeah? Maybe we should play some time." Suddenly, he was a completely different person.
"Definitely! We can play two on two with Ber and your dad."
"Oui!"
"Uhm..." Matthew approached the table, shy. "I know it's not as good as the stuff you have at home, but I made poutine." He started to set the food down.
"Merci." Jean-Paul dug right in. The rest of the family followed.
"Maybe this wasn't such a bad idea after all..." Matthew muttered under his breath, low enough that only Berwald could hear. He didn't know what was going on with Matthew and his son, but he did know that their roommate was distressed about it.
And if that stress got to Tino...
Berwald would have to exterminate it any way he could.

Plot twist: murder