8

Of course when I arrive home, there's no sight of my parents' car or my brother's. I thank Ryland for driving me home and hop out of the passenger's seat of his car.

I wish tonight never would've happened. I should've listened to my instincts practically screaming in my ear, basically giving it away, that something bad would happen. Although, the situation wasn't all that bad and it could've been a lot worse if Ryland wouldn't have been there to save my weak ass. The terrible kind of adrenaline that swam throughout my blood stream is worse than that kind that you feel when you go down the first drop on a rollercoaster.

Like, that feels so great but this... this just feels like total crap.

I make my way up to the doorway when I realize I don't have my key. My purse... I left it in Peightyn's car-

Peightyn.

Ugh! She wasn't even there to acknowledge that I was in some sort of trouble! A part of me wants to let all of my anger out on her but another is saying "she was drunk and probably getting laid somewhere. You really expect someone like that to be by your side? Do you even really want someone like that by your side?"

Yes. I do. I really, truly, honestly do. She's been my best friend since fetus days. I really do want to believe she's as loyal as I am to her.

But, I found myself at this party staying sober and alert for our safety. It wasn't a WE thing it was a "I watch over her" thing.

Ugh.

I search under the welcome rug but there's no key. It's not buried in the soil of the far left flower pot nor is it in the vase right beside the doorway.

Life just couldn't get any better, could it?

Shit!

"That may be the first time I've ever heard you cuss, Blondie." His voice causes me to jump in my crouched position.

I quickly stand up and turn faster than a twister facing him.

Did I say that out loud?

My mind could register who the voice came from but shock was creating a barrier for anywhere else to get the memo. I think my eyes had to see it for themselves that he was still there and not parked in the driveway right next to me.

"Oh, sorry. I'm just- I'm a little-" I sigh. "I'm locked out of my house, I guess." I agitatedly brush my dirty blonde hair back and release a deep breath I hadn't realized that I took in.

He laughs.

He. Fucking. Laughs.

He's fucking laughing!

"Aries, you've got some nerve to laugh at something like this! It's probably freaking two in the morning, locked out of my house, and you're laughing?! You're laughing! I can't believe you are laughing at my screwed up situation! Not only that but- what's so funny, you asshole?" I pause as he starts to chuckle even harder than he was just before I started ranting on and on.

Ryland leans against his car almost falling over as he has a laughter fit. I really just want to punch him right in his- stay under control, Ev. Violence is never the answer with your tutor.

Wow that's not something I thought I'd ever find myself saying.

Aries shoves his right hand deep into the pocket of his black skinny jeans, like the first day I personally met Ryland, and pulls out a golden key. My key. My house key. My mother fucking house key!

I don't think I've ever cussed so much in my life than I have within the past 5 minutes!

"You."

He stops laughing just leaving an annoying smirk on his face.

"You. You have my key. My house key. The one I was looking for. To my house. So I can get in it. Take a shower. Go to sleep. You have it."

"Ya, I got you're key." Ryland taunts. "Whatcha gunna do about it, Blondie?"

That's it.

I speed walk down my walkway to my driveway where he stands looking amused as ever. I can't wait to slap it right off his beautiful face.

Beautiful?

Did I just say that?

"Yes you did. But I already know I'm beautiful." Ryland brags.

"I've had enough of you, you piece of crap!" I scream through clenched teeth as I take a swing to Ryland's face.

Ryland easily dodges my punch. His face emotions go from amused to a mixture of angry and amused. He grabs my wrist, his face almost emotionless at this point, and pulls me to him so my body is against his.

Butterflies flutter in my stomach but the inner Hulk inside of me crushes every single last one of them.

I try to jerk away from Aries and pull my hand away from grip but he's too strong.

Two times in one night I've been in a situation like this but I feel... comfortable. Not comfortable but, like, not in danger. Don't get me wrong, Ryland is making me question the way he's feeling by the of his facial expressions. His eyes aren't speaking but just reading mine through my black glasses.

My knees feel like they are about to give out. They wobble, feeling like they might topple over like twigs. Is this anxiety? Embarrassment? Fear?

Truth is... I don't know. It could be one. It could two. It could be all three. It could be none. But I do know that it's something.

My lungs begin to become heavy. It feels like when I breath, they don't expand. They don't take in any fresh oxygen.

What is this? What am I feeling?

Whatever it is, I know I don't like it.

After what felt like forever, Ryland places my hand in his palm. He then places the key that I've long forgotten about into my hand and leaves without another word.

I stand in my same position that he left me in, watching as he drives and parks his car in yet another driveway. This time, this one belonging to him.

What the hell just happened?
_______________________________

Hello there, readers... didn't see ya there ;)

Ya, i know. I suck at this 'updating on time' thing. Ha.

But I hope y'all still love me *begs* please still love me.

See y'all in the next chapter!

Buh-byeeeeeee!

-BlackMidnights