12

|| Everly's POV ||

"My mind are the world's oceans and I'm a scientist. I haven't even discovered 5 percent of myself yet, Blondie." Aries says sounding really smart.

Fuck him and his really attractive intelligence.

"Okay, let's go through all of the questions you missed."

"Nooooo, I don't waaaaant to!" I whine.

"Then what do you want to do at tutoring?" Ryland smirks. "I mean, if you wanna make out with me instead I wouldn't blame you."

I roll my eyes.

"You're a prick, ya know that?" He laughs before going back to my paper and observing all of the questions I missed.

Just to point out, I never declined his offer but you know, I don't roll like that. I'm not like Aries and Peightyn who fuck anything with a pulse.

Oh right, Peightyn. I haven't talked to her since before I went to go fuck up Luke Larson's face. Then, Aries decided to be stubborn and follow me, doing the job for me. Now Larson's black eye is from Aries' fists and not mine.

"Blondie-" Aries says in a shallow voice knocking me out of my brief thoughts.

"What?" I respond just a little too quickly.

"What's six time four?" He looks up from the paper to me and stares me right in the eyes.

His blazing blue eyes are stabbing knives right through my soul and it makes it hard to focus.

"Umm..." I stall and look up to the ceiling by habit. I bit down on my bottom lip and pick at my fingernails.

"Don't be nervous just think about it." Ryland laughs.

"I'm not nervous."

"Yes you are. You mess with your fingernails when you're nervous and bite down on your bottom lip when you feel under pressure."

Well, damn. Just go ahead and solve the whole puzzle, won't ya, Aries?

I roll my eyes at his observation. Why does he have to always sound so smart and intelligent? It gets on my nerves but at the same time I envy his talent for having some sort of brains.

"So what is it?" He pauses. "Six times four?"

"Okay, hold on." I say, putting up my index finger.

I pull out my iPhone, swipe up and press the calculator button. I'm only able to type the number 6 into the orange keypad before the phone is snatched away from me.

"Hey, give it back!"

"Blondie, we learned this in third grade. You should know six times four."

"Well, I'm sorry that I'm not as smart as some people I know!" I snap before snatching my phone out of his hand.

Ryland smirks once again before rolling his chair closer to me on the corner of his bed. He leans forward so our faces are only centimeters apart.

A part of me wants to just land my lips on his already but then I mentally slap myself. Instead, I scoot my body back on his bed. Aries stands up out of his chair and puts both of his arms on both sides of my body. A smirk remains settled on his face as he stares right into my eyes.

"We could just make out like a suggested before?" He suggests.

I can feel my body heat up, the radiation crawls up my neck. My cheeks begin to turn red and burn up hotter than the sun. I gulp down a lump in my throat as Aries observes my face.

He really is quite handsome. His features are well crafted and his jawline is sharp as a blade. Aries' eyes are ocean blue and his lips are pink like roses.

"Umm-" I say choked up.

Crap, here's the fluttery feeling again.

It needs to go away. I can't stand it anymore.

"What was that?" Aries teases.

I really hate him right now.

"N-no."

"No?" He asks and I shake my head. "Well, I want you to remember something."

"W-wha-at?" I stutter.

"Six times four is twenty-four."

I nod. "O-okay."

Ryland slowly backs away from me before sitting right back into his chair.

"Are you sure you don't wanna kiss me?" Ryland asks seeming quite genuine.

No, Ryland, I'm not sure. The butterflies in my stomach are telling me to but The Hulk just comes and smashes those feelings. I really do want to kiss you but doesn't every girl?

"Yes." I lie.

No.

"One day I'll get a kiss out of the beautiful, not-so-innocent good girl." Ryland states.

"In your dreams, big boy."

"Dreams will become realities if you work hard enough for them."

"Who would waste their time on me?" I say, standing up and standing right next to him looking at the laptop screen.

"Who wouldn't, Everly?"

Everyone.

Even I have given up on myself. I have a D in art for crying out loud! I'm hopeless. I'm a worthless piece of nothing with no future.

Aries has so much going for him, though. He's got a career in baseball and intelligence that could get him into any college he wants. And that's part of the reason why I framed that fight.

I was already going down hill so if at that point, I lost my entire future, at least it wouldn't be me who lost everything. Ryland can't loose what he has going for him because it's something special. It's something I envy. And even though I've only known him for a week or so, it's enough to see that he's a good person. He actually cares about getting my math grade up.

Ryland actually cared that Larson took my money and iBuprofen before the fight. Right then and there, he risked everything when he punched Luke Larson. Aries might not have thought about it like that but I did and it meant a lot.

"Everyone, Ryland."
_______________________________

Hello, there readers... didn't see ya there ;)

Ya, ya this chapter is bad too, I know, but it's whatever.

I'm tryna slow down the story line so things don't seem rushed.

Thanks for reading!

Are you proud of me? Two updates in one week!!! Yayayayaya!!

Anyway, I love you and have a lovely rest of ur night/day/whatever.

And btw, it's thanksgiving break for me so I should be able to update for both SDAS and The Tutor!

Thanks again for reading and I love y'all!

-BlackMidnights