33

Everly's POV

"Who was he?"

Her face was in obvious confusion.

If he was here at the hospital, he had to be important to my life, right? He had to be involved somehow. And the way he was fighting to stay here, he seemed like he genuinely cared about me.

The only real care i've felt in the amount of people that have visited me since my head injury. I'm not even quite sure how I ended up in this damn hospital in the first place. I want out of here. It's as if i've been forced into a prison.

No. I bet prisons have more color and decorations than this place.

"Who, exactly?" The nurse mumbled.

"That boy."

"He is strictly permitted from seeing you via your parents' request, darling."

"Wha-whats his name?"

I look over at the open doorway where it all went down that minute I woke up. He looked at me, his blue eyes pierced into my mind and woke me up like a splash of cold water in the morning. His facial expression just screamed to me. It said, "I won't leave you". And so did he, himself, before they drug him away.

"I just want memories of what my life used to be like." I frowned.

"I know Everly. With time, the memory loss will eventually fade away and you'll have most of your life back."

"I wonder what he's like. Was he special to me? Was he my friend?"

"I wish I could answer all that for you, Miss Monroe. You deserve it." She smiled simply at me before placing her hand on my knee and leaving the room.

I wish my life would come back to me. I wish I could remember everything. Maybe, I wish I remembered less. Maybe my old self wishes I could forget everything, not just a little. Who knows.

Maybe he knows. He may be my missing piece. But i'm forbidden to see him by the people I despise of the most. The people who never cared about me. The people who were only here and pretended to care about me so they wouldn't be arrested for child abandonment.

Although, I'm not a child anymore. I'm 18 now. I think.

~

Ryland's POV

You would've thought I would've forgot by now. I should've gave up and moved on, right?

I guess not.

No, I have not forgotten and I don't think I want to. But at the same time I do. I want to forget I ever met Everly. I want to forget this pain and put it away.

I don't think i've ever hurt this bad. I've never done so much to ruin someone else's life and that hurts the most. The fact that she is there because of me. She's in this state because of me.

But I have no right to feel bad for myself because that girl in that hospital room laying in that hospital bed so helplessly has never had one self thought before. Everything she's ever done has been for the better good of someone else. She deserves everything good and only gets everything bad. It's terrible.

Her life in general is shit, but with my bullshit on top, I can't imagine what she goes through. I think that I have a bad home life but I don't. She doesn't even have a home life, she's basically lived on her own her whole life with parents who only show up to make themselves feel like they've done something good, but in reality, they've done nothing but make Everly's life and living fucking hell. A drug-addicted brother who used to be the only thing she loved is all she has to look up to.

All i've ever done was try to make her life somewhat livable and i've failed.

Thoughts like this are constantly spinning around my mind and killing my fucking blood cells.

I decided that I needed to think about something else, so I actually went to school today. There was really no point because it's not like I was going to pass this close to the end of the school year. There's only a few short months left.

I saw Ezra digging through his locker while walking through the halls and stopped by. That was about the only person I was friends with anymore.

"Hey, Ez." I softly said.

"She didn't remember me," Ezra replied, his head still behind the locker door.

"What are you talking about?"

He slammed the locker door, turning some heads.

"What do you mean?" I demanded bluntly.

Ez looked up at me, "She didn't remember you, either."

"Please."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize."

"I went to see her at the hospital again. She said she'd never seen me before but believed me when I told her I was her friend." Ezra lowered his head.

"What else-"

"I asked her if she knew you and she said she's never heard your name before. Then I showed her a picture and she didn't know who it was- im sorry, Ry."

I stared at him- that's all I think I was able to do. My eyes began to burn at the salty tears came biting at the back of my eyes but I made sure no tears fell.

I couldn't just let myself go like that. I have to keep my shit together.

"What does this mean?" I muttered.

I couldn't help the tear from slipping away. It just did.
____________________________

Alright.

i know

it's been SO long since an update and everyone probably gave up on reading this book and i don't blame them.

I've been extremely busy like i wake up at 5 am for school and i have been going to sleep at 11:30 at the earliest for the past 4 months. school sports ya know.

anyways ik it's no excuse to be gone for so long but i'm going to try and get a few updates up tonight and this weekend .

this summer will have a plentiful amount of updates and hopefully i will be able to finish and start writing my other book !!

thank you all for waiting . I love you all and i have missed you all.

buh-byeeeeeeee!

-BlackMidnights