32

Everly's POV

~earlier that day~

I gasped for air like as if I had never taken in oxygen before. I choked a little as it rushed into my body. My eyelids opened up very slowly. At first, it was all a blur.

The beige walls and the black and white paintings were blurry. There were people in the room but I couldn't yet identify who. Screams had soon began to intrude my ears.

I could not stop coughing as I took in the air. But as I began to sit up and look at all the ruckus that had been happening in my hospital room, I just couldn't help but stare.

There were police officers and security guards holding onto a boy.

"Stop resisting!" I heard one yell.

"Quit fighting!" I heard another.

I heard my name being called several times. I looked around at the scene, feeling a lot of pain suddenly. My head was pounding, every sound made it ten times worse.

"Everly!" I heard it for the last time.

I searched for the sound of my name and where it was coming from. Then, I had finally found it. The boy was calling my name. My name in the sound of his voice sounded so familiar. The way he looked at me seemed so natural. As though it had been an everyday thing at one point.

He was a very good looking boy. I didn't remember who he was, though, or even how he knew me. His emerald eyes sparkled and complimented his creme colored skin so well. His brown hair was so dark it might as well have been black. It had a bit of volume to it; there were made of small waves.

He was honestly gorgeous.

I was completely baffled as to how he knew me. All I remember is that I'm totally failing school -especially math. I'm a loser in school. I only have one friend. Peightyn and I did everything together. I feel like I haven't seen her in a long time. For some reason, I remember her being mad at me.

I don't really remember much. The doctors keep telling me that it'll be like that for the next few months or so. They keep telling me that when I can't remember something to not get upset and aggravated because it can lead to worse brain injury or seizures, but I don't get angry. It's not really something to get angry about, it'll just take some time and I'm willing to wait.

It's not like I have much to remember. All there is to my life is bad parents, crappy grades and ripped jeans I didn't buy ripped.

As I try to remember the past few months, I can't remember it too well. I think of what my life has been like for the past few years and can't imagine it changing too much. But I feel like I'm missing something.

Like, something really important. Or someone maybe?

My brain is acting like a 5 year old having a tantrum right now, so I don't have enough confidence to trust it, at the moment.

Clearing my crippled brain of all of my thoughts, someone knocked on the door. There was no room for a reaction before the door slowly swung open. It was a nurse with two people following behind her. They were very familiar but it took my mind a minute to process them.

Suddenly, I became angry.

"What are they doing here?" My voice snide.

"They're here for moral support in your crisis, Everly." The nurse kindly responded but I was in no mood to be nice after seeing them for the first time in who knows how fucking long.

"Hey, hon-" My mother began.

"Get out..."

My father looked at me the same way he always looked at me: disappointed in me.

He should see his son. Everest is a fucking drug dealer.... Hey, that's one memory back.

Sadly.

"Don't talk to your mother like that, Everly Ryan, she's been worried sick."

"How do you think I've felt for the past half year without you, mom or Everest in the house? I said get out" I spoke through gritted teeth. I was about to scream.

"Everly!"

"I said get out! Get the hell out! Leave me like you always do."

"Okay," the nurse looked worried for my mental health and told my parents that it would be a smart idea if they left the room.

My mother began to "cry" but I didn't see one tear and my father just looked at me in utter disappointment as always. There was nothing different.

The phrase "People change" is a complete bullshit and whoever says it deserves to be smacked.

The nurse closed the door after making sure my parents were well down the hall and looked me in the eyes.

"They leave you home alone for long periods at a time?" She asked, concerned.

"Yep. All the time. Sometimes I feel like they finish their jobs but don't bother coming home. They never call, either."

"Poor baby."

"I'm okay, I'm making it through alright." I assured the nurse. She hadn't believed me.

"Is that so? You're in a hospital, straight out a coma and have partial memory loss, baby, I'm not too sure that thats making it through alright."

"I'll be fine. No one cares if I am anyways."

"That boy who barged in here seemed to care."

"Wh-what boy?"

"You don't remember? He was taken away not too long before I came in with your parents."

"No," I began. "I remember the incident, but not who he is."

"I don't know too much about him. His name way Ry- something and he was wearing those khaki jogger things. He wasn't bad looking either. But one of the security guards said he had nicotine on his breathe. He seems like a bad kid."

I thought about if for a second. And another. And some more.

"Nope, I don't recall."
____________________________

Hey guys !!! finallyyyyyyyyy an update !!!!

i'm sorry these updates have been so short it's hard trying to lead up to the major parts of the book and write these filler chapters but they are fairly important as like this chapter.

this week has been rough thooooo

I CRACKED MY PHONE NDHEHSJNSBDHEKSNBFR

i'm soooo angry and i have to pay for it with my own money soooo :/

but my birthday passed about a month ago so i'm officially 15 now :)

and high school sucks so just saying .

anyways thanks for reading !!! please vote, comment (NICE THINGS) , and follow me for more :)

also you guys have been asking when i'll get an update up for "Hiding the Criminal". if i'm being honest, i've been working on the first chapter and how to start the book for the past half a year non stop so if y'all think i'm not working on it, i am.

and obviously i'm not going to update that if i can't even update this book too often.

and i swear i'm trying to update more often! i've just been super busy .

please be patient with me and know i am a teen girl and i play sports, maintain school (barely) and like to have a social life and sleep so i'm just like you guys . please wait okay ?

i love you all ! y'all mean the world to me !

Buh-byeeeeeeeee!

-BlackMidnights