The beginning: New neighbours

"Cerys hurry up you're going to be late for school!" My mum shouted to me from the bottom of the stairs. It was Monday morning and I had slept in. I was so tired but I couldn't miss today because I had an exam. "I'm nearly ready" I shouted back down to her as I grabbed some clothes out of my wardrobe and stuck them on.

I quickly put on some light makeup onto my pale white skin and put my medium length hair into a bun. I grabbed my school bag and stepped out of the door. "Bye mum" I shouted before slamming it shut.

I slowly walked down the street putting my headphones in as I was going to school. I wasn't listening to a certain artist but 'talk dirty' came on. It made me want to start dancing but I would only embarrass myself and I didn't really have the energy to dance.

I looked up and stopped in my tracks. I realized that some new people must have been moving in to the creepy house at the end of my street. It had been on sale for years, and everyone would think you were a fool if they wanted to live there. It was said to be haunted but I don't believe that, all I knew was that it was a really old, big house. Some of the windows had been bricked up and the windows that were there had bars over them. The house was covered in ivy and didn't look very homely.

I could see 5 very handsome boys, about my age taking big boxes out of the removal van and into their new house. I wonder where their mum and dad are. I thought to myself. Then I looked closer and they all looked different. They clearly weren't brothers so they must be good friends sharing the house. How on earth did they get enough money to buy that house!? It's like the most expensive house in this area! I thought to myself again.

Anyway if I stared at their fit bodies any longer I would be late for school so I started walking again at a faster pace.

***

I finally got to school and I was greeted at the gate by my best friend Shannon.

"Heyy Cerys. You're a bit late today, are you ready for the exam?" She asked not letting me get a word in. "Yeah I revised quite well actually." I replied.

"Oh good. Why are you so late today?" She asked me sounding a touch worried because I'm usually the first out of all my friends at school.

"Oh, I just slept through my alarm that's all, then I saw these really good looking lads moving in down my street so I thought I'd have a nosy" I said a matter of factly. "Oooo you'll have to show me them some time" She joked.

"Yeah, I'll have to! They're hot!"

"Well you'll have to tell me what they look like when we go for lunch in the canteen" There isn't really any good looking people in our school so I know she was excited about meeting them, but now there are 5 down my street! They were so dreamy and I bet all the girls will be after them.

"Anyway lets go inside" I said wanting to go into school because of the cold breeze outside.

***

"Right class this is your last maths exam for this year. Do your best, we are now in test conditions. Silence please!" Our teacher Mrs. Whitmoor called out to our class as she handed out the test papers.

I looked around the class seeing everyone getting handed their test papers. The desks were covered in graffiti from where other students had got bored and started doodling on the desks. Some doodles were even made by me. I scanned my desk, searching for the drawings I'd done in past years. I smiled finding some I'd done ages ago such as insulting people I didn't like and writing anonymous notes to people. Mrs. Whitmoor was still handing the papers out so I impatiently tapped my pen against the desk.

I felt something hit my back. I looked at the ground and it was a rubber that hit me. I turned around to see Tia another one of my best friends silently laughing at me. I guess it was her that threw the rubber at me. "Shush!" Tia whispered jokingly at the noise that the pen made tapping against the desk. "No, you shush!" I said louder but still only joking.