Ready To Run: part 2

Third persons P.O.V:

Cerys knew that they must have arrived to the battle field as soon as the sun had disappeared behind the trees that opened up revealing a huge empty space. The grass was barely even there, it looked burned to a crisp and ashes from whatever has been burned here scattered the floor, she preferred not to know an hoped it was just the ashes of burnt wood rather than people. The smell of sorrow and dread filled the foggy air and all the beautiful colours of the forest had long gone. Not even the chirping of birds could be heard, even they are too scared to fly by this horrific, ghastly place. Their surroundings were lifeless, colourless and she hoped she wouldn't be by the end of all this.

It was getting a little dark by now which meant Cerys' fears only deepened as they waited unwillingly for their enemies to arrive. All the girls wanted to do was turn back around, get out of here and go to their nice warm beds, forgetting about all of this but that wasn't possible. Not now. Harry gripped Cerys' hand in his and kissed her hard. He wished he could take the pain and fear of what was to come away from her, but not even he, her soul mate, could take that away from her which broke him a little inside. He never wanted to ever see her hurt or scared. He was her protector and to be perfectly honest, his only aim of today was to keep at least her safe.

"Remember everything I've said to you. Use your anger and fear and turn it to power, that will make you strong. Don't let anybody get to you or even lay a finger on you. If you need me, shout me. I'll hear of course and don't be afraid of hurting anyone, don't think about it, just do it. I love you" He says meaningfully kissing her again.

"I love you too, Harry" Her voice cracked and went quiet, her voice box was already giving up on her and she didn't want any other part of her to give up. That would be the worst scenario.

"Attention everybody, maintain your positions, please. This battle will commend shortly I suspect so we need to be ready for the worst" Harry's Uncle Edward announced and everyone quickly rushed to their positions. Cerys' heart sunk and a lump formed in her throat as she realized she would have to leave Harry now.

"H-Harry, I- don't know if I-can do this" She struggled out, her breathing erratic and Harry knew she was panicking quite a bit. He just needed to keep her calm. Of course, Harry didn't want to leave her either and a disheartened look formed in his eyes. He grabbed her left hand in his, the other resting behind her ear, his thumb stroking her cheek, their hands both a little shaky.

"Baby, you can. I know you can!" Harry laughed slightly trying to lighten the mood. "You're strong and clever, if you're in trouble you'll probably think of a solution yourself before calling me, I know you. Have some self belief, because all mine is with you" His words melted Cerys' heart and she smiled up at him, kissing his palm.

"I have to go, be brave for me I know you can be. I have faith in you, baby. You'll be safe in the middle of the huddle and you'll be near your friends. Look after each other and have each others backs. I'm not far away at all, only a shout away" He smiled which became contagious, causing Cerys to smile back at him.

"Please look after yourself, Harry. I don't want anything bad to happen to you" She said her voice breaking again which came as no surprise to her. Harry didn't even answer before he smashed his lips onto Cerys' passionately, moving them perfectly against each others. This was the best kiss they had both had with each together, full of love, full of passion, full of magic, but it was also full of fear, terror, panic and sorrow. Cerys swar she could taste one of Harry's salty tears blended in with the kiss and as they broke apart, she found that she was right. Harry was crying, he was actually crying. She barely ever saw him cry ever, Harry was a born leader full of power and dominance, he didn't usually get emotional.

"Look what you've done to me" He laughed, wiping away the stray tear that escaped.

"I promise I'll look after myself, as long as you do too" He told her.

"Of course I will" They gave each other their word for it and their hands separated as they both walked away from each other slowly.

"I love you" Cerys mouthed

"I love you too" Harry mouthed back and blew her a kiss which she pretended to catch and put close to her heart. Harry gave her a weak smile and a small wave before turning around as they went their own separate ways.

Cerys has never felt like this is her whole life, the feeling of deep need for someone she talked to only seconds ago and her heart was painfully aching, she thought it was going to burst. Her knees became shaky as she tried to walk and find one of her friends. Any of them. Her eyes were frantically scanning the huge patch of land as she carried the heavy metal object in her trembling hands. She couldn't find any of them anywhere, no one she knew was in sight. A strangled sob struggled out of her lips as her weak legs carried her to a huge crowd of the boys family and friends not to far away. Tears were trailing down her cheeks by now as well as choked sobs that rattled out of her chest. Her chest was rising and falling quickly as she tried to take deep breaths to calm herself down but she was only getting more worked up by the second.

Harry had long found his position right now and was meant to be listening to the other boys ideas of how to make this work better but all he could think about was Cerys. Would she be safe? What would he do if anything happened to her? But he knew the answer to the last one, he just didn't want to believe it.

Cerys dragged her feet across the flattened ground, still looking for someone she recognized. Finally she found someone, Tia came into sight and she sped up, going as fast as she could towards her, hoping she wouldn'd disappear into the crowd.

"Tia" She shouted as loud as she could. Her head snapped up and her head turned, trying to find the direction the call was coming from.

"Tia!" Cerys shouted again and felt relieved as soon as their eyes found each other letting out a breath of relief. They both ran towards each other. As soon as they were near they crashed into a big hug, their breathing trying to calm again.

"I'm so glad I found you! I didn't have a clue where I was going and I couldn't see anyone I recognized" Cerys told her, breaking away from the hug.

"I was just looking for you as well. I thought you'd gone. Me and the girls have found our positions so come on, lets go" She said putting an arm around her best friend as they walked to their spot.

"Are you okay?" Tia asked, knowing the answer already as she looked at Cerys' tear stained cheeks.

"Honestly...no. I'm not. Not at all" Cerys sighed. "What about you?"

"I've been better" She laughed. "I felt like I'd lost a leg when I had to leave Liam" She said truthfully.

"Me too, it hurt like hell leaving Harry" Cerys replied.

"Lets just think positive, we can win this battle, I know we can" Tia spoke and Cerys nodded.

"Yeah, we will. We'll always have each others backs"

With that, they made their way to the other girls, standing proudly in their position surrounded by some of the people who could one day be Cerys' family too.

(A.N) Obviously this chapter was shorter because it was part 2 of Ready To Run but I updated early so woop woop go me. I'm really excited about writing the battle but also worried on how it will turn out because I know it will be difficult to write so please be patient for the next chapter as it will probably take ages to write and to think of. Thank you for reading and please don't be a ghost reader, vote and comment! I don't like to nag but it lets me know you appreciate the time I take to think of and read these chapter and it lets me know that you're enjoying it and generally it just makes me so happy and persuades me to update early. :)

READ

COMMENT

VOTE