Chapter 4- Attacked

Chapter Four - Attacked

He walks down his driveway and looks over at me. He pauses in surprise before his brows furrow, jaw setting. But I'd seen his face before hand. He was upset. Eyes glittering a sad, dull green, face fallen. Then he saw I was watching him and instantly became the harsh, cruel young man I know.

"Diana." He states in surprise.

"Hi, Harry.." I nod a little, biting my lip. I pause before saying lightly "Harry, I'm uh.. You know how I'm new. I don't know the way to school.." He scoffs and shakes his head.

"Tough luck."

My brows furrow and I speed up, catching up with him.. "Harry, please.. I.. I need help..." I admit timidly. He pauses in his path and I hear him sigh. I wait hopefully, biting my lip. Eventually he turns back to face me. "Alright.." He mutters. I beam, rushing to walk next to him.

He glances down at me and I can see he's fighting a smile. I pause and ask casually "Why were you sad before?" He looks away and frowns deeply.

I frown too, watching his face. He swallows hard, mumbling. "What's keeping me from leading you the wrong way to school?" I shake my head.

"Nothing."

He looks down at me, brows furrowed in confusion. "You aren't worried." He observes.

I shake my head and he sighs.

After a moment I look up at him and take his hand. "Harry.. why were you sad..? You can tell me.." He looks down at our joined hands and swallows hard.

"It's nothing..." I frown a little. "It's just my dad.." He mumbles. I playfully nudge him with my elbow. "Now we're gettin' somewhere. Bit of emotion besides anger."

He looks down at me, not amused.

After an awkward pause, i clear my throat and ask as I pull my hand from his.

"What is it that your dad did?"

He sighs and looks down "Just..being the way he always is.." My head tilts to the side as i try to keep my voice sounding curious and concerned.

"Like what?" He shakes his head, speeding up. I guess thats as far as I'm getting today.

I sigh, running to catch up. We continue to walk in silence, him watching his feet, and me watching him.

Eventually the school comes into sight and I sigh, not wanting to go in. We push through the crowd together as we fight our way towards the school building. He opens a door for me, barely dipping his head. I blink in surprise. I never figured him as the gentlemanly type. I smile a little at him, walking in.

He follows me in and I bite my lip, watching him walk towards our first class. So instead of going to my locker, I follow him. We walk into the classroom, then towards our shared desk in the back.

He sits down in his seat, pushing his pencil around aimlessly. I pause and take a deep breath, slowly walking over and sitting in the seat next to him. He looks at me from the corner of his vision, letting out a deep long sigh.

"So..Harry.." I start slowly. I bite my lip and ask awkwardly "Do you play any sports..?" He doesn't even look over at me and barely shakes his head. I nod a little and continue my questioning.

"Do you have any siblings?" Again, he shakes his head. There's a long pause as I think of any other questions. "What's your favorite school subject?" He looks over at me as if I'm crazy and I laugh a little. I look down and mumble "Yeah, yeah. I know. I should've known.."