Chapter 9- Apologies

Chapter Nine - Apologies

Harry's P.O.V.

Diana holds her arm, brows furrowed in hurt. "Just go home, Harry..." She whispers. I pause, watching her as she holds her arm tenderly. Did I hurt her that badly? Badly enough that she looks like she's going to cry?

So I nod a little and slowly turn around, hands shaking. I slip them into my pockets to stop the trembling, walking away from her.

I continue to shuffle my feet numbly along the sidewalk. Hesitantly, I look over my shoulder to see I'm alone again.

My shoulders slump dejectedly and I begin the long walk back home. I didn't mean to hurt her.. I just didn't want her to get my dad in trouble. The only thing I could think of even now was the look on her face.

Brows furrowed, her mouth open in a shocked o, her tiny childish hands trembling, and the worst part was her eyes. Her deep brown doe eyes were wide in shock, hurt lurking towards the back. The cheerful twinkle was gone, replaced by a sadness. Those eyes could make you feel guilty enough to jump off a cliff. Those eyes could make you do anything.

She could make me do anything.

I couldn't help but be fascinated by the little things she did. When she got excited, her hands would flutter about for emphasis, or when she couldn't find the appropriate action, they'd just tremble violently. Her eyes sparkled and a slight dimple appeared in her left cheek as she beamed. A tiny dimple appeared above her right eyebrow when she raised it. As she spoke, her lips would at time form into a V shape. Or as i spoke, her eyes would follow mine, appearing completely and totally enraptured by what i said. The one thing that sparked the most interest, that I couldn't explain why I enjoyed so much, was her nose.

It crinkled up like a bunny rabbit's. And for some reason it was adorable. It crinkled up when she was surprised, when she was frustrated, when she was confused, or when she was disagreeing with me. That was always the most amusing. Her nose would crinkle, her lips would press into a thin line, and she squinted. I don't know why I found it funny. I just did.

Too soon, Im pulled from my analysis when I reach my house. Unwillingly, my brown, worn boots shuffle their way up the driveway, then up to the porch.

I paus for a moment there, eyes focusing on the stain glass window on the door. All I had to do, was run straight up the stairs. No distractions. No waiting. So that was it.

I just rip open the door, kicking off my boots mid stride as I sprinted to my room. I lock the door behind me, collapsing onto the bed. The mattress groans its protest, creaking under my weight. Slowly, my eyes wander to my hands.

The same hands that only minutes ago had hurt Diana. How could I have done that? How could I have hurt her? I didn't mean to. And now that I thought about it, she had done nothing to deserve it. She really was trying to help.

I had to apologize.

But she would never trust me now! I hurt her! She tried to help me and I pushed her away! I injured her! I scared her.

That's what was stuck in my mind now. Fear. She was scared of me. Her voice kept replaying in my head.

Harry, let go! You're hurting me!

You're hurting me. I hurt her.

I feel my hands begin to tremble, chest heaving with angry huffs. Crimson pulses through my vision and my head throbs.

Immediately I launch to my feet, spinning and picking up the nearest object I could find and chucking it at the nearest wall. Glass shatters against the wall, and with every shard that falls to the floor, a small bit of my anger falls with it.