Chapter 15- Rain

Chapter 15- Rain

As the magical night begins to draw to a close, I feel Harrys shoulder brush mine as he turns to face me. I smile slightly, watching as he dragged his tongue across his plump lips.

"Diana?" He questions quietly. Something in his tone, tender and affectionate, brings heat to my cheeks. "Yes, Harry?" I murmur back.

His green eyes travel down to our intertwined hands and a frown pulls at the corners of his lips. "When do I have to take you home?"

My heart sinks at his words and I pause in consideration. It's getting late but this night was so perfect. I finally shrug in reply and he smiles, his eyes closing as his hand tightens on mine.

I can't help but think back to the first few days we met, how different and cold he was. Now we were laying on his roof, holding hands together under a starry sky. The one day he'd started to open up was when I was quizzing him if he played any instruments. A little spark goes off in the back of my mind and I immediately roll on my side to face him.

"Harry" I ask, watching his face. His eyes open as he turns his head to look at me. "Yes?" He replies softly, giving a small and warm smile and causing his eyes to flash in the dark. I bite on my bottom lip nervously and his patient eyes continue to follow mine.

"Will you sing for me?" I finally ask, shifting a little against the gritty roof. He pauses and looks back up to the sky, nodding once as he licks his bottom lip in thought. I feel a smile spread onto my face and he pauses, his pink lips parting as he starts to sing.

"Another day another life

Passes by just like mine

It's not complicated

Another mind

Another soul

Another body to grow old

It's not complicated

Do you ever wonder if the stars shine out for you?

Float down

Like autumn leaves

Hush now

Close your eyes before the sleep

And you're miles away

And yesterday you were here with me"

I feel my lips part in awe of his voice. I wasn't expecting it to be bad. But I certainly wasn't expecting it to sound like this either. His voice is soft but gravelly, each word delicately formed by his rosy lips. His brows are furrowed deeply as he sings, his eyes closed as the beautiful song continues to pour into the cool summer night.

I scoot closer, nuzzling my face into his side. As he sings, I hear a smile in his voice as his arm wraps around my shoulders. I wrap one of my arms around his lean waist and I can hear his voice rumble in his broad chest as he continues to sing gently to the dark sky.

"Another tear

Another cry

Another place for us to die

It's not complicated

Another life thats gone to waste

Another light lost from your face

It's complicated.

Is it that its over or do birds still sing for you?

Float down