Chapter 10- Guilty

Chapter 10 - Guilty

Harry's P.O.V.

My brows furrow as I watch Diana's retreating figure disappear over the curve of the hill. I scared her worse than I thought. Now I feel bad. Really bad. Guilt tugs at my heart. Scaring Diana seemed to have the equivalence of kicking a puppy. By her face you could say she was a kicked puppy.

My backpack weighs down on my shoulders, my back aching with the deadweight of the textbooks we never used. Finally I arrive at school, already preparing myself for the long day that awaited me.

My first class is with Diana. I stride down the hall, noticing as people steer out of the way. When I'd first arrived at this school, I was sure to set a reputation as someone not to screw around with.

I start to set foot into the classroom when I feel a hand clamp onto my shoulder, pulling me back. I'm immediately greeted by the awfully familiar icey eyes.

Josh.

The boy who'd tried to hurt Diana on Friday. Already, I can feel my blood boiling and red begins to pulse through my vision.

I can hear my heart pounding in my head like an everlasting drum beat. An image flashes through my mind. The executioners drum beats that throb through the air, before the shining blade falls down on a mans neck. Like a tribunal. But this time, Josh is being found guilty.

My arm burns with adrenaline as my fist flies towards his jaw. But Im shocked as I stumble, my blow connecting with open air. He dodged. That never happens. A chilling laugh sounds in my ear and Josh's voice is amused.

"Somethin' wrong, Styles?" I can feel my face hot with shame as I glare daggers at the lanky boy before me. "What do you want, Josh?" I snap, looking away from his cocky smirk. His voice continues in the same confident air. "I wanna know why I was interrupted on Friday. With.. um, what's her name.. Dina?"

My body stiffens with irritation, and suddenly my blood is ice in my veins, making me feel sluggish and lethargic. Involuntarily, my voice comes out as a whisper. "Diana. Leave her alone and screw off.."

He laughs, eyes amused as they lock with mine. "Gettin soft, Styles?" He chuckles, a small smile growing on his face. I repeat slightly louder now "Leave her alone and screw off." He laughs again and murmurs quietly "I dunno.. She's an awful pretty girl, isn't she.."

I clench my fists, resisting the urge to punch him again. "I can't say I'm not jealous of you.." He says even softer.

Without a second thought, I lash out the first thing that comes to mind. "She isn't my girlfriend." I falter slightly, realizing how it'd back fired on me.

He smirks a little, voice as dangerous as a coiled viper "I may need to take advantage of that." Before I know it, he's up against the wall, my forearm pressed against his throat.

"Shut up and leave her alone. She is mine. If you touch her I will make sure you will not be waking up tomorrow. " I snarl viciously, my heart pounding.

But he isn't afraid, as I intended. He's grinning, looking over my shoulder. I turn to see what he's looking at and pause in surprise.

Diana is standing there, tremblingly like a leaf. Her eyes are wide as she clutches her books to her chest. Great job, Harry. You've only scared her worse. She ducks her head as she rushes past me into the classroom. "Diana, wait!" I call, dropping Josh as I follow her into the room.

She's sitting at her usual seat and looking down at her hands. Out of the corner of my eye I see Josh walk in, starting his way to the empty seat next to her. Now it's a race as I weave between desks, collapsing into the seat before he can.