Chapter 6- Dreams

Chapter Six - Dreams

Harry's P.O.V.

I shoot up in my bed, causing an avalanche of stuffed animals to fall down on me. Then I hear the sound that must've woken me up. Mommy and Daddy were shouting at each other. As usual.

I carefully hang my legs over the edge of my tall bed, slowly lowering myself to the wood floor below me. I tiptoe to my door, peeking out into the hall.

My Spider-Man night light flickers dimly behind me as I slowly walk down the hall towards the stairs. Their voices grow louder, the closer I get. I shuffle down the hall at the bottom of the stairs, peeking into the kitchen. I can hardly see above the tall counter. But I can see Mommy and Daddy yelling at each other.

"You never loved Harry! He is your son and you won't even smile at him!" Mommy shrieks.

I step back into the hall, leaning against the wall as I listen. Daddy roars back angrily "Anne, you know I NEVER wanted a child! Much less HAROLD! That child is a sorry excuse for a man!"

I frown deeply, looking down at myself. Mommy groans loudly, yelling "HE IS FIVE! FIVE! HE IS A CHILD! The only sorry excuse for a man in this house is YOU!"

My brows furrow as I peek back into the kitchen. Mommy starts to continue what she was saying when she begins to cough. Badly.

Daddy stands there for a moment, unsure. Mommy's pale, thin hand grips the counter as she bends over, coughing. "Anne?" Daddy asks softly, not as angry. She doesn't answer, holding her chest.

This happens a lot.

Mommy has been sick for a long time. For as long as I can remember, she's been pale. She could never lift anything too heavy. She hadn't been shouting until recently.

Mommy told me that when I was still in her tummy, she got very sick. But to get the treatment, the doctors would have to hurt me. I've never seen her healthy. But this time, something is wrong.

Different.

She doesn't stop coughing.

"Anne?" Daddy asks worriedly, bending down next to her. "Anne, are you alright?!" My ears slowly begin to ring. I can't hear anything but a muted hum of voices.

It's like someone turned down the volume on my cartoons. My eyes widen as Mommy falls to the ground. Daddy is yelling into a phone as Mommy lies there. I keep watching, shocked, and too scared to move.

After an eternity, two men run in our door, rushing into the kitchen with Mommy and Daddy. They sit by them and I see Daddy crying. Slowly I shuffle out into view, watching the men around my beloved mother.

"M-Mommy?" I whisper, my vision blurring with tears. Daddy looks up at me, eyes cruelly dark. My hearing comes back as I see the two men shake their heads, leaning back.

"Your fault.." Daddy chokes, glaring at me. "This is your fault, Harold.."

∘∞∘ ∘∞∘ ∘∞∘ ∘∞∘

Julia's P.O.V.

My eyes open and I look around. I must've fallen asleep. I pause, remembering. My eyes flash to my left to see Harry lying there on his side, brows furrowed deeply and a frown on his face.

I turn onto my side, facing him. Slowly he begins to shake. I feel my brows knit together in worry. His mouth goes agape slightly and I hear him barely whisper something so quiet, I almost think I imagined it