Chapter 21- Reunion

Chapter 21 - Reunion

You know that feeling you get sometimes? Where you really just adore someone to the point you would do anything to please them? Where you find everything they do perfect and catch yourself ogling over their every move and face.

And then suddenly that pressure comes crashing down on your shoulders when they want something that you don't want. But no isn't an option. Because you adore this someone and they have the most convincing green puppy eyes.

So I'm sitting on Harry's porch step with him, jutting my bottom lip as far as it would go, my brows furrowed so deeply I'm slightly concerned they'll stay this way. Harry's hand is rubbing my knee lightly, trying to distract me.

"C'mon, babe.." He whines quietly, his leg bouncing in anticipation. "It'll be fine! She's the greatest!" I smack his hand off of my knee, quickly retorting with worry in my voice. "I don't like the idea of meeting someone who..knew me."

He shakes his head, his warm hands enveloping mine. Butterflies flutter through my stomach and I squirm, silently shouting for them to stop. "Aunt Jane isn't really religious. She won't take it offensively." I laugh slightly, turning away again and pulling my hand free. "Yeah. She won't take it seriously either." I scoff, pulling nervously at a string on my jeans.

Harry's lips press into a thin line as he says slowly, his green eyes searching the blue sky as if struggling to recall a preplanned argument. Which, knowing Harry, he is.

"Aunt Jane is a woman of science. She's one that she will present a checklist and if each factor is checked off, she'll accept it. She doesn't really go with her gut. She's purely cut-to-the-chase and facts. It'll be fine..."

He reaches around me to take my hands again. I bring my bottom lip between my teeth nervously, meeting his eyes to search for any sign of doubt in his seemingly flawless plan. His clear green eyes catch the sunlight, making them glow a brilliant silvery color.

I sigh to myself, looking down. "I dunno..." I know I've lost the battle but I still try to hold a firmness in my tone.

But Harry isn't fooled.

He smells an easy victory.

One of his large hand move to cup the farthest side of my left knee, pulling my legs to press against the side of his. His other hand moves to brush his knuckles lightly across my cheek. Then I realize his intention, but just a moment too late.

I'm a goner.

His smooth lips hover in front of mine, his warm breath tickling my cheek as his hand travels to rest on the side of my neck. "Please?" He asks softly, his innocent eyes meeting mine.

And that's when all my walls drop.

"Fine.." I barely breathe, no volume in my voice.

He immediately grins widely, jumping to his feet. "Great! She'll be here any second!" He crows, clapping his hands together.

What.

I jump to my feet, noticing in the back of my mind that my height is nowhere near as impressive as his. "Why didn't you tell me?!" I gasp, quickly looking at the street. He stares at me as if I've just grown another head. "I just did." He states slowly, sounding more like a question.

"Harry Styles, I hate you!" I feel a bit like a child as my foot stomps against the ground in protest. Once again, that stupid cocky grin spreads across his face and he looks to the road just as a familiar pastel pink, Volkswagen bug pulls up.

Harry steps in front of me, reaching back to take my hand. I hesitantly peek out from him, worried for the reaction of the woman I'd known most of my life. And then she steps out of the car. And the first thing I notice is how much resemblance she holds to Harry and his mother. But I quickly hide behind him again as she slams the door, rushing up to Harry.