Chapter 26 - A Surprise Destination

I roll over in my bed, settling into the cooler area of sheets. I can't help but notice the bed is nowhere near what it was when I crawled into it last night. Now there's one pillow on the ground, one balanced precariously on the edge, sheets draping across my lower torso, straining towards the ground, and the comforter isn't even on the thin mattress anymore.

I can faintly hear downstairs a quiet conversation going on. But frankly, I couldn't care less. So I tune it out, letting myself relax again. But just as I feel myself on the brink of unconsciousness, the bedroom door creaks open.

Familiar footsteps cross the room and stop next to the bed, the edge sinking down. I already know who it is, the footsteps drawn out but light. No doubt in my mind that it's Harry, his long gangly legs somehow managing to sound graceful and in the process making me look like a three legged horse trying to learn to walk.

But as much as I enjoy Harry's presence, I enjoy my bed more. So I don't react, laying there silently.

"Babe, wake up. I wanna take you somewhere today." His voice is soft, his large hand rubbing the small of my back lightly through the sheets that are clinging to my waist for dear life.

I barely shake my head, hands blindly searching for the pillow that I bring to cover my head.

"Pips, it's great. You'll love it. And we've got all day to spend there." A singsong tone enters his tone as if it has a chance of luring me away. The silence drifts on and his hand stills as he realizes I have no intention of getting up any time this year. Then suddenly, my whole body is compressed into the mattress, a heavy weight on top of me.

I can feel his curls tickling my cheek, his breath next to my cheek as he lets out a long whine.

"Baaabe, please. It's really important to me and I really wanna take you."

I barely cough out a groan, struggling under the weight of his body.

"Styles, get off me and go on a diet!"

He laughs and I can't help but enjoy the feeling of his chest rumbling against my back. "Fine." I sigh, my whole chest sinking with the exhale and I find it difficult to draw it back in. "Just get off of me first, I'm suffocating."

To my relief, I can feel his weight roll off of me as he thuds to his feet. "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon!" He whines, the floor creaking as he jumps up and down. I sigh, slowly rolling out of bed before the man-child broke through the floor.

"I'm up, I'm up.." I barely sigh, my legs hanging over the edge of the bed as I squint against the sunlight peeking through the curtains.

"Would you hurry up?" He groans impatiently. He's of course wearing his usual skinny jeans, black tshirt, and a gray beanie with his dark curls poking out from the sides. I sigh, stumbling my way to my feet.

"I've gotta get ready." I mumble, rubbing at my eyes. My eyelids feel heavy and I lean towards the bed again, the sheets seeming to have a gravitational pull towards my tired body.

"Do you even own anything else?" I ask, gesturing towards his outfit. He looks down at himself, brows furrowing as his pink lips press together. "Sometimes when I feel really daring I wear a white tshirt." He teases, grinning impishly up at me.

I roll my eyes, reaching over to grip his wrists, tugging him towards the door.

"Out. I need to change." I mutter, pushing him out through the door. He laughs, folding his arms as he stands there. And his green eyes are locked on me, a cheeky grin on his face, all the way until the white door closes.