Chapter 36 - Late Night Talks

The rest of the night isn't much of a prom. It's more like a really perfect date in extremely formal wear. Throughout the night, we'd danced at four different points. Once to the song he'd first showed me, which I later learned was called "Broken" by a band called Lifehouse, once to "Wanted" by Hunter Hayes, once to "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri, and then Harry had surprised me by even doing one swing dance.

Looking at Harry Styles with his thin, built arms, dark clothes, scars, tattoos, and the one red dot on his lip from where he used to have a lip stud, you wouldn't exactly pin him as one to learn swing dance. But he'd definitely surprised me, catching me off guard with this information.

We spent nearly a half hour of him just teaching me some moves, and then we'd only danced once. Yet it was another fun upside of Harry that surprised me. At some point in the night, he'd let me borrow one of his tshirts and a pair of his sweats which I'd gratefully accepted.

So tonight went from a romantic night of slow dancing in gowns and tuxes, to both of us swing-dancing, cuddling, and watching Netflix in Harry's pajamas as we ate PB&J's and juice boxes.

That's better than prom, anyways.

I've managed to get Harry entranced into Doctor Who.

Of course, he's still confused.

"Wait, who's this guy?"

"That's the doctor."

"I thought the guy with the peacock hair is the doctor!"

"He is, that's David Tennant."

"Then who's this guy?"

"That's the doctor."

"I hate this show!"

So far, our marathon has consisted of confused questions, odd stares from Harry whenever I react, and grumbles of it being a "dumb" show, although I can see the interest sparked in his eyes. At some point in the night, our episode is interrupted when Harry's iPod reaches 10% battery. And of course, that allows me to see the time.

I'm shocked.

It's past 3 in the morning.

"Harry, I've gotta get home." I say, frowning as I look over at him. He juts his bottom lip out, brows furrowing.

"Why? It's only-"

"3:23 in the morning." I point out.

He blanches.

"Has it really been that long?" He asks incredulously. I nod, sighing as I get up off his bed. My legs immediately protest, pins and needles pricking from my toes to my knees.

He groans, rolling onto his back and whining quietly. "Tomorrow's the last day of school anyways, can't you just stay home?"

I laugh, shaking my head. "Just one more half day, then we can stay up and watch Doctor Who all we want since you obviously like it." I assure him, smirking.

He sits straight up.

"I don't like it, I just watched it to make you happy because you like it." He quickly defends himself.

"Oh, alright then.." I nod, smiling.

"I did!"

"I never said you didn't."

His brows furrow in frustration. He looks down, kicking at the carpet absently and his voice light, as if he doesn't really care. "Does Rose die...?"