Crackships

Today, we're going to talk about the do's and don'ts of crackshipping. 

Warning: This is not just for the vampire diaries, this is for a lot of shows 

--------

So, crackshipping? It's a fun thing. I crackship a TON. (Coldflash from the Flash was one of my first ships after I started getting into the show more). But when can we take it too far?

There are some shows  and ships that have prominent crackships that come to mind. Destiel (Supernatural), SwanQueen (OUAT) and SnowBarry (The Flash) have a very outspoken fan base. Delena, in the early seasons, was a crackship. Hell, bamon's a crackship. 

There are some ways we can take it too far. Let's look at Alec Lightwood from Shadowhunters. He is canonically gay. This is a fact. This is not a "headcanon" by fans. This. Is. The. Truth.

 But many people ship him with Clary Fray, Lydia Branwell or females from other shows (Allison Argent and Lydia Martin from Teen Wolf, Katniss Everdeen, Hayley Marshall, and Elena Gilbert as a small example)

This is when crackshipping can go a little bit far. 

But Nicola! cry the clalec! shippers, Let's   suppose I made a Jace/Alec vid, would you come call me heterophobic? Since Jace is as straight as it gets. Only that never happens because heterophobia is all but praised

Well, no. If a character outright said on a show, "I'm straight, I don't like people of my own gender romantically, I never will" or something like that, then I wouldn't ship them with the same gender. 

But if they haven't said that, then I don't see the harm in crackshipping them with a variety of people. 

As a multishipper, not only do I ship stelena, I also ship beklena, elejah and, in fanfics, klena. 

As a multishipper, not only do I ship bamon, I also ship kennett, bonlijah, fanfic bonkai, bonbekah and kathonnie. I ship caronnie/baroline as a brotp. 

As a multishipper, not only do I ship westallen (My otp), I also ship coldflash, coldflashwave and I used to ship Linda/Barry and Linda/Iris.

As a multishipper, not only do I ship goldenvibe, I also ship fanfic Hartmon, Cisco/Kendra, Barriscowest and barrisco/irisco. I also ship killerflashvibe and killervibe, but that's more of a brotp for me. 

You see? 

I multiship pretty much all the time. But what's important is not pushing it on other people like some fandoms. (DE, snowbarry)

Delena shippers send hate to Kat Graham and bully her mercilessly, they hate and harass se/bamon shippers. They slut-shame all of the other main female characters in the show and often are racist/misogynistic to top it off 

SBarry shippers are incredibly racist to Candice Patton. (Photoshopped her so she was white and said "now she's Iris!", called her disrespectful slurs on Twitter, implied/accused her of sleeping through the production department so she could get the role and make "confession" blogs, with hate towards Iris/Candice as the prominence.) They're also very racist towards Iris and have a very misogynistic view, pitting Danielle and Candice against each other for Grant's affection, despite the fact that Danielle is engaged. 

The moral of this incredibly long winded story is 

- yes, crackshipping is okay with limits

- if a character is openly gay/lesbian, then do not headcanon them as anything else

- it is disrespectful 

- don't push your ship onto other people 

- that is also disrespectful 

- bullying the actresses mainly online because they stand in the way of your ship is disgusting. don't do it. 

Thank you for reading my rant!