Butterfly Kisses

A/N: At the top is the setting of this chapter.

....

Arima Kousei POV: 

Eleven months passed around with me, sleeping in the ICU and when I woke up, I found out sooner that there are a lot of things that I didn't know. I realized that things had truly changed already and it will keep changing. I kept myself intact as I approach my father who's waiting for me in the piano room, the place in our mansion where I was mesmerized by the beauty of its place. I truly find it elegant and female. Whenever I look at it, I feel like Kaori's always with me.

I smiled. Maybe it was also the right time to tell my father that I want to marry her already. As I am approaching the room, I heard my father playing Spring Waltz. It made me run closer and faster.

Isn't he tone deaf? When I came by, I was surprised that it was really him using it. He had just finished playing the piece and he looked at me with a smile. "Father!" I exclaimed.

He stood up and sighed, "I never really expected I'll be able to play the song once again. I was tone deaf for so many years and your uncle pushed me around to fight my fears. I can play the piano again, son. I suffered for years."

I quickly went closer to him and asked, "Father, why did you call me out here?"

He grinned at me. "Before I actually tell you why I called you out here, can we talk together for a bit long? Is there anything inside of you that you want to ask me?"

I actually don't know what to ask him since most of my memories are still blurred. I realized at that time that I couldn't remember what actually happened to me and why it ended up like that. "I don't remember that much yet, father. What I only know now was that, our family's one of the most powerful Japanese elite family and I was the key to make my family unite once again," I told him.

"As you have known, you were able to end the dispute between my family and the family of your mother. You also know that we were divorced at one time but, while you were in coma, we married each other again. We didn't need a celebration, we just registered ourselves as a couple again. When we remarried. The marriage is a big vigil for the both of us since we kept praying that you wake up already," my father told me. 

I just kept listening to him and he kept talking after all. "Son, are you not really angry I took you out of your peaceful life in the province?"

I was taken aback from his words and I was a bit hurt. I sat beside my father and I began touching the keys. I played Spring Waltz the same as him and he just watched me play. His eyes did shine and he laughed a bit, "You really are born to be a pianist, huh?"

I also laughed a bit and I told him, "Arima Kousei is gone, father. He was my childhood self. I grew as an adult as William Arima and I will be living as William 'Kousei' Arima. Father, I have accepted that truth many years ago. They may say I haven't truly changed but I know the truth now. You also once said that I stay away from Arima Group but in the end, we knew that it's impossible. Our lives are complicated and I have to accept it."

I watched my father cry beside me. I believe, he seemed thankful that I wasn't angry for what had happened to me. Why would father even think something like that? Was he blaming himself why I was shot? I quickly hugged my father. After that, he hugged me back. We separated soon after and he stood up, "Your grandfather and your two uncles asked me something yesterday concerning you after the first meeting with the Nakiri Group. This is the reason why I asked you to come here because I know that you'll be shocked by it and you may not stare directly on Kaori when you go back to work, already. Well then, we're planning for your marriage. The Nakiri members are only few. You, your mother, your uncle who doesn't have any wife yet and last of all, the Miyazonos. The Miyazonos are only an adopted family of the Nakiris. It seems fate truly wanted our families to unite and forgive each other when you did meet each other."