Dream of Me

A/n: I found a great quote. I hope you like the picture to summarize this chapter! :-)

...

Sunset...

Sunrise...

The moon and the sun...

The two heavenly bodies move magnificently in the strange system they do follow.

My life is also like that...

My life goes both ways.

...

Arima Kousei POV:

I opened my eyes after we reached the old mansion inside the car with Kaori beside me. We're back in London and in the mansion of Lady Arima Aina. It was in this mansion where my identity and personality changed. It was in that place where I struggled to find and search for answers why I have to leave and lie to my old friends. The bittersweet memories swarmed over me as I set foot in front of the mansion where I hid and lived for five years. It was only five years but there were so many changes that have already happened to me. It was in this mansion where the sadness, the pain and lastly, the hope I wished I could return as Arima Kousei surrounded my heart for almost forever until finally, everything was revealed to me. The heavy weight I have inside me disappeared but before everything ended, I spent eleven months asleep inside the ICU.

Maybe God allowed it to happen to let me rest for a while. Luckily, I slowly recovered after waking up. I know that I will always be William 'Kousei' Arima now but that doesn't change the fact that it was here in our London Mansion, owned by my grandfather's sister, Arima Aina that my life completely changed.

It was in my second year high school when I learned everything about the past and my father brought me to this place to protect me from the people who wanted to kill me, most especially, I never knew that it was actually Arima Aina and not the Nakiris who wants me dead before.

She pretended to hide me from the Nakiris but I am happy that she accepted the reality that I am both an Arima and a Nakiri. I still remember the words my father told me after I stepped inside this mansion which made it truly plausible that I have to pretend that I am dead. Five years passed and the sorrow due to unanswered questions changed me.

'It is in this place where you will fight... this is the place where your life will completely change... I know that it still pains you to accept that you have to leave your old identity but I promise you, as the answers to the questions of the past come out, your life will return to normal.'

My life changed a lot but it was only the dangers that faded away. The fact that my life was once in danger won't go away. The scars will stay and I can never be the young and innocent Arima Kousei I was before. "I think this is a wrong choice, Kousei," Kaori told me. "This place holds a lot of memories... painful memories."

I looked at her and told her, "No. This is only right. We are a married couple now and by returning here, I feel like I am greeting the old me. I have to get out of that shell so that I can move on from my past. You are now my present, Kaori."

Kaori blushed after I said those words to her but I can also see that she worriedly stared at my eyes. I am confident that she understands everything about me. "Are you sure?"

I looked at her eyes. "You changed your name and sacrificed your own life to protect me. It was here in this place where I met you once again. When I thought you were dead, Tsubaki Sawabe confessed her feelings to me but I can't fall for her. We remained friends, though. When my father knew how loyal I am to you, he revealed to me in my second year in Okutsu College of Music Affiliated High School the truth that you are still alive. My love for you brought me here. My love for you helped me to know everything that I wanted to know but still, the past will now stay as past."

Her eyes glimmered and I noticed that her eyes slowly created tears. I kissed her and at that time, she kissed me back while we are holding hands together. Her tears fell down her cheeks and I felt her wet cheeks as we kept kissing. After a few minutes, we separated but our hands remained tight. "Let's go in?"

Kaori looked at me happily and replied, "Today we make a new beginning."

...

A/n: Thanks everyone for reading!!! ❤❤❤