Far On The Water

A/n: I hope you're all still with me! Vote and comment, okay? 

...

Arima Kousei POV:

I woke up earlier than Miyazono Kaori. I quickly went to bath to go back to work again.

This is the third day that I am back home in Japan and after three days after our honeymoon, I learned that my wife is pregnant. 

I took a deep breath in front of the mirror after I took a shower.

Will I be a good father? 

Before I got out of the bathroom, I heard someone knock. 

"Kousei! Your father wants to meet you after you dress up and go to your office," mom told me. 

I breathed and smiled. "Yes, mom. I understand."

I quickly brushed my teeth and cleansed it with clear water. I also realized I'm looking like my father everyday since I found some hair growing on my cheeks. I shaved it, of course. I don't want looking like an old man. I'm twenty-three. 

After I got dressed and put on my glasses, Kaori woke up slowly. I looked at her and touched her hair until she finally opened her eyes.

"I won't be able to be in the church today. I'll try going tomorrow or next week," I told her. 

I kissed her forehead and before I fully got up, she held the hem of my coat that made me sit again.

She hugged me and kissed me in which I answered back until I heard my father calling me.

"Kousei... I know you're still in there. I need to talk to you," he told me. 

She let me go after a few minutes. "Don't you dare overwork yourself, okay?" she reminded me. 

"I won't. Don't worry," I assured her. 

...

"What is it, dad?" I asked when my father and I were at the music room. 

"I'll be organizing a business party in your twenty-fourth birthday. It's also time for you to face the shareholders of our family corporation," he told me.

I guess, I can face them confidently. 

I was able to face the other Chief Executives bravely.  "Will you be able to convey a message to Ishikawa Yuuto?"

I got curious.

Why do I have to be his spokesperson for Ishikawa Yuuto?

"I don't want to hurt his feelings myself and after the meeting yesterday, I could see that the other Chief Executives do have a high regard on you, most especially, Yuuto. I could feel that he trusts you more than me," he told me. 

"Is there a problem in Arima Banks more than losing a lot of employees?" I asked him.

He sat on the white couch and told me, "I investigated what's happening inside and it shocked me. Corruption is evident inside and he doesn't know it. Tell him that I'm firing all of the current directors. I will have a mass promotion to those I trust. They could help him renew Arima Banks."

I froze. I don't know if I'll be able to do what he's asking me to do. 

He stood up and smiled, "I can see you're shocked but you are the right person who can do it. You've noticed something when you visited him in his office and the bank offices. I can see that you're growing as a good business man. As my son and as an Arima, you're my heir. Kousei, this is a challenge if you can become a good chairman."