The Feud (Flashback Chapter Part 2)

Arima Takahiko POV: 21 years ago

A few days passed after Seto did made us meet with each other with my father's approval. Nakiri Saki knows that we shouldn't have met but because of Seto Hiroko, she allowed herself to meet me just once but just in that one day that we spent together in a nice, peaceful garden restaurant in Tokyo, she quickly became comfortable with me but both of us couldn't erase the fact that our families might soon stop us. We soon have always kept in touch secretly without her family and my grandparents knowing that I, Arima Takahiko, a member of the Arima Family is currently dating her.

It was at the third day of our date when I heard her tell me, "Do you love me truthfully, Arima?"

I was surprised. How could she know?

She giggled in front of me and as if she read my mind, she told me, "My family. the Nakiri Family are businessmen. Our families hate each other. The Nakiri Clan knows that your family will soon get connected with the Monarchy with the union of Arima Aina and the crown prince."

"Does your family hate that?" I asked.

"I also hate our family's feud that is why I agreed to Seto to meet you. I also believe, what your father wants is the right choice. For me, I don't care if the Arimas become a part of the Monarchy. I still don't understand why our families hate each other so much."

I was shocked by what she told me. We have just recently met! I flinched in fear of what I'm doing right now and when I saw her reaction from what I did, she too looked very much afraid. "You aren't just the one who's scared, Arima. I am also afraid. I want to stop the hate that our familes imbued for many years. I hate the rage that is spoiling us. Arima... I may be so quick in my actions... I can't love you like any other women but my actions right now were a sign I am rebelling against them. I'm begging you. I don't want to marry a man I don't love!"

I quickly understood and I already confessed to her that I have fallen for her from the very first day that I saw her. She may be submitting to me right now and forcing herself to love me for her to get out from her family's clutches but how could I help her remove the hatred our families have? I kissed her that moment quickly and she kissed me back. "Arima... I must go. If I'm not home by midnight, they might learn our secret. Arima... I... I love you! If you're thinking that I'm forcing myself just because I am rebelling against them, that is not true! I actually am rebelling because I have fallen for you! I am deeply in-love with you!"

Her tears weren't tears of sadness but of joy. I was relieved a bit but... it was at the next day that the worse came quick. My grandfather already knew that I am dating Nakiri Saki. 

"Ling Yuen! What kind of rebellion did you just do? Why are you allowing your son to date a Nakiri?" he was shouting at him in his own office inside father's room in our company. At the time, he's the manager of Arima Group. 

"My son could bring change!" he told him.

"You are only getting the flames hotter, Ling Yuen!" 

I know it was wrong to eavesdrop while I know that I have just overheard them. I was there at the very wrong time to thank my father for allowing myself to meet her. We're in-love with each other now. I can't just break it away. I ran out of the building before grandpa learns that I heard them. I quickly went at the secret garden where I and Saki always meets. Just by seeing her beautiful eyes, all of the pain clinging inside my heart erodes away and calms the stormy sea. I quickly kissed her and hugged her.

"Saki, do you really love me?" I asked her.

Saki stared at my eyes and cried out, "I do love you, Takahiko! I won't let our love end!"