Clover

Troyes pov:
I wake up and reach for my phone. I squint as the brightness from my phone blinds me. I check the time, 7:30am. I sigh and close my eyes again. I never want to go to school but Connor is picking me up which makes me kind of want to go for once. I roll out of bed and stumble towards the bathroom to have a shower. Still with my eyes mostly shut I went to open the door but it was locked. I knock on the door.
"I need to have a shower," I mumble still waking up.
"No I'm straightening my hair," I hear Sage say.
"But I need to have a shower," I wine leaning against the door.
"And I need to straighten my hair," she says sassily back.
"Sage please," I wine drawing out the 'ea'. It was quiet. Was she ignoring me? I sigh "Sage, Connors picking me up this morning I can't be late," I add hoping that would make her come out of the bathroom.
"Fine hang on," she groans. I hear her put stuff away before coming to open the door.
"Thank you," I say.
"You're lucky that I think Connor is nice," she adds walking past me.
"Why would you say he's nice? You haven't even met him," I say frowning.
"Well I've only heard good things about him. Besides he was nice enough to become friends with you," she says sassily with a smirk leaning up against the door frame.
"Ha ha every funny," I say sarcastically walking into the bathroom. "At least I have friends unlike you," I add before shutting the door.
"I do so have friends," she yells.
"Ok sure, I'll believe that when I see them," I yell getting undress.
"Whatever," I hear her yell.
"You love me," I yell.
"No I don't," she yells before I hear her storm off.
"Yeah you do," I yell before I start the shower.

After I had a shower I walk to my room and look at my phone. I had a message from Connor.

Connor ~ hey you awake?

I smile and message him back.

Troye ~ yes I'm awake

I went to put my phone down when he messages back almost instantly.

Connor ~ good :)

I smile and put my phone down so I could get ready for school.

I sat on the grass out the front of my house waiting for Connor. I run my fingers through a patch of clovers.
"Hey Troye," I hear a sweet voice say. I turn around to see Sage walking towards me happily.
"Hey Sage," I say as she sits down next to me.
"Waiting for Connor?" She asks.
"No I'm sitting out here because I love the outdoors," I say sarcastically trying not to smile. She frowns and opens her mouth to say something but was lost for words. "Yes I'm waiting for Connor," I add smiling before looking at the patch of clovers.
"Ah yes," she says looking towards the road.
"So why are you out here?" I ask.
"Well I wanted to come and keep you company," she says innocently.
"Thank you but what's the actual reason?" I say raising my eyebrows at her.
"Well it was also getting boring inside waiting for Tyde," she says.
"That's what I thought," I say before smiling.
For a few moments we sat there in comfortable silence when Sage suddenly says "You like him don't you?"
I look at her and frown "who?" I ask.
"Connor," she says as if it was obvious.
"What no I don't like him, he's my best friend," I reply unconvincingly. She looks at me unimpressed.
"That doesn't matter even if he's your best friend doesn't mean you can't like him. I just means it could be complicated," she pauses and smiles "Besides I see the way you look at him." She says her smile growing bigger. I nudged her playfully.
"Whatever it's progress," I say smiling at her. I look back down at the ground and my eyes lock on a clover. Is that a four leaf clover? I thought as my hands shoot out, parting the patch of clovers to see if it was or not. I pick the clover and look at it. It is a four leaf clover.
"Sage look," I say holding the clover in front of her.
"Omg I haven't found a four leaf clover in years," she says smiling.
"Same," I say looking at the clover.

"Sage!" I hear mum yell. We both turn around to see mum walking out the door with Tyde. "Come on we're going now," she adds.
"Coming mum," Sage says jumping up from the ground. "See you at school," she says before running off.
"C'ya!" I yell.
"Bye honey," yells mum about to get into the car.
"Bye mum," I yell before looking back at the four leaf clover in my hand as mum drives away. I thought about my childhood, the days I would spend with Georgia in fields occasionally looking for four leaf clovers. I hear a car coming down the road and I look up. It was Connors car. I stand up still with the clover in my hand. I look at the clover as Connor pulls up in front of my house. I look up at him through the window. He was smiling sweetly at me so I smile back. I don't need a four leaf clover, when I have him, I thought before dropping the clover and running over to the car.
---

---
Hey guys, please go check out my friend zalfietrash and her amazing book 'hug me'. It's a joe sugg x reader fanfic and it's so good. xx