Tree

Troyes pov:
"TROYE, TROYE, TROYE," I hear someone yelling. As I turn around I feel someone's hand slide into mine. I almost drop my books as Im pulled along. I run to keep up with them. I look up to see Connor looking back at me with a big smile on his face. He pulls me all the way to his car and we jump in.
"What are we-" I say out of breathe but he interrupts me.
"You'll see," he says excitedly before starting the car.

We drive the open country road on this picture perfect Monday afternoon. I stare out the window and see open fields framed with trees. Window down, wind hitting my face and the smell of fresh air fills my lungs. The soft sound of oh wonder playing on the radio, making me feel like I'm in a movie or a music video.
He pulls up on top of a hill. I look at him and he smiles.
"Come on," he says as he gets out of the car. I get out of the car and follow him. He steps over a low fence into a field filled with yellow flowers. He turns around and holds out his hand to help me. Such a gentlemen. I smile and take his hand as I step over the fence into the yellow field.
"Race you," he says before he starts running towards the tree in the middle of the field.
"No fair!" I yell as I start to run. As we run I wonder what the world would look like from up so high. When we get to the tree we start to climb. One foot after the other, one branch then to another. We climb higher and higher till the evening sun shines on our face. Seeing the sun across the valley and through the trees makes me smile.
"So what do you think?" Says Connor as he leans back on the tree and closing his eyes.
"What so I think of what?" I say frowning at him.
"What do you think of the view?" He says opening his eyes and looking at me like I'm an idiot.
"It's amazing," I say smiling looking towards the sun slowly disappearing behind the trees.
"I thought you'd like it," he says smiling.
"How did you find such an amazing spot?" I ask.
"Well I like to go for long walks and drives and one day I just found this spot," he says.
"Its really pretty" I say as I gaze around the field of yellow. I love places like this. There just so dam pretty and calm, helps me clear my head. I snapped out of my daze when I see Connor trying to get my attention.
"Troye are you okay?" He asks.
"Yea I'm okay, just looking around admiring the view," I pause "Um connor I was going to ask you something earlier." I say nervously. Should I ask him out? Is it too soon? Will he say no?
"Yea Im listening," he says sweetly.
"Umm, I just wanted to say that this place is really nice," I say backing out. This is so hard.
"Thanks," he says smiling as he lays back on the branch.

Time passes, after quoting songs by our favourite bands and telling jokes no one understands except us two, we start talking about school.
"So what do you want to do when you leave school?" I ask.
"Not sure. I wanted to do something with photography or film but I don't know," he says.
"Well you're amazing at taking photos so... that doesn't really surprise me," I say.
"Awww thanks. What do you want to do?" He asks.
"I'm thinking maybe something to do with singing but i don't know," I say.
"That'd be cool," he says happily.
"Thanks," I say blushing and remembered something. "Oh I was asked today to sing in this concert thing this Saturday and I was wondering if you want to come watch me?" I say.
"No," he says and my heart sinks "I'm just kidding dude of course i'd love to," he says happily.
"Oh my god don't do that to me," I laugh.
"Who would turn down an offer to see you sing," he laughs.
"A lot of people," I say.
"Well they're idiots because you're amazing," he say smiling.
"Aww thanks con con," I say.
"Anytime troye boy," he says.

As the sun sets behind us, we walk slowly through the yellow field towards the car.
"You know," Connor says breaking the silence "I've never brought anyone here before," he says sweetly.
I smile "really?" I say
"Yea and there's no one else I'd rather bring out here than you," he says.
"Stop it Connor, you're going to make me cry," I say.
I feel the urge to slide my hand into his but i don't know if he'd like that. No sooner as I thought about that I feel his hand slide into mine. We walk hand in hand to the car, a smile printed on my face. I look up at him and his cheeks are rosy red, he's so cute.
"Maybe one night we can come and stay out here," Connor says nervously.
"That sounds like a plan," I say smiling.
"And we can lay out under the stars," Connor says.
"Omg I'm so ready for this," I say excitedly. I get to the car and I have to let go of Connors hand even though I don't want to. We sit in the car and start to drive home. I look over at Connor. His soft brown hair drooping over his face slightly covering his forest green eyes, rosy red cheeks. God I love this boy but I'm too scared to tell him. I stare out the window, listening to the radio, thinking about how good this night has been.
---

---
Holy shit thank you so much for getting this too 11k!! I never thought it would get that much. Btw go read king_whatever book bc he helped me a little with this chapter so go show him some love bc he's amazing xx