Talking with myself

Quickly, me and Mark dashed out of the bathroom as fast as we could manage so we could catch up to Wade and Molly. Once we were close Mark shouted for the police to stop. Luckily they stumbled a bit to were Mark and I could catch up.

"Wait! You have the right guy! Please STOP!" The police stopped to listen to the pleas and took interest in what Mark had to say. Suddenly we became close, and the police looked impatient. They wore matching uniforms, both with light brown hair and brown eyes. They looked nearly identical.

"Please officers, you have the wrong man. The man back there is the one you need to arrest." Mark pleaded for Wade's release, but the officers rolled their eyes.

"Look kid, all we kniw is what we saw. We're gonna taje him to the station and then you can give a testimony on what exactly happened. Other wise, we can not help you." Mark looked shock, and to see him like that gave my heart a crack. For the fist time I spoke shakly.

"Look officers, Wade was trying to help me. I was being... Being..." my throat became tight and prickly. I felt like my whole mouth became dry.

"Speak up please." One of the cops had spoke lightly. I gulped some saliva down so the knot in my vocal cords undid.

"I was nearly raped, and Wade came in to help me." The cop nodded in understanding but still held firm in his words.

"We still need to do a whole scale investigation on this situation, I'm sorry. But your friend will have to stay in our custody until farther investigation." I nodded but Mark looked like he was about to have a crying fit. I stroked him arm yo calm him, but he brushed me off as they hauled Wade away. Molly covered her mouth with her hands while drops of sadness ran down her tear stained face.

I put a hand on her shoulder but ahe only walked away. She walked out of the door and disappeared behind the corner. I let out a sigh, it's all my fault. I let out another breath when firm hands grabbed my waist and we started swaying. But this time, I lnew it wasn't Mark.

"Let me go," I struggled to get free from his grip on me but to no avail. Ed smirked in my ear as I wiggled, but his sticky voice smacked in my ear.

"It's to bad what happened to your friend. How he couldn't save you." Tears again brimmed my eyes, I couldn't stand being touched by anyone else but Mark.

"Let go!" I shouted, but no one seemed to care, nor notice my cries as I was giving all my energy to get out of Eds' grip. When I finally got tired and weak, Ed smiled evilly. I was ready for him to try something, but his hands suddenly lifted from my body. I turned and he was gone. But I noticed his body slick through the crowd with ease. The wet salty tears spilled over my cheeks as I sat on the ground and cried. What am I going to do. Wade is in jail, Mark is upset, and Ed is free.

---------

When me and Mark finnally returned home, he seemed more calm but we hadn't talked the whole way home. Felix was with Cry, and I was with Mark. I sighed as I hopped out of the car and slipped the house key out my back pocket of my jeans. I twisted the key into the door knob, and opened the door.

Edgar abd Chica rushed to the door, tails wagging and togues lolling out of their mouths. I wipped my brow of sweat before approaching the couch and dipped into the soft furnature. I rubbed my belly, and sloke in a light voice so Mark couldn't hear me from the car.

"Oh, baby. I dont know how to tell you how much I love you. Tonight I realised something though. Even with you in my womb, I can't protect you. And as you come to earth, and even get old with age..... I cant protect you. And baby, I really want to. I really, truly do. But with Papa having his new job, and being gone all the time. I'm afraid. Afraid for your well being, and how having you will affect everything. But know tgis, I will try. The struggle will me real, and things will get tough, but I'll love you.... No matter the circumstance." Tears were now rolling down onto my belly, and even down my neck. I screwed up.... Big time. I looked over to where I saw Mark standing, carrying some things from the bar into the house. Tears streaked down his cheeks, though he seemed rather calm for what he just witnessed.

"Sean, baby. I promise to be with you, if you ever need me, I will always have a cellphone. Baby," he walked closer dropping everything he was carrying. He kneeled in front of me, taking my hands in his. He squeezed them reasuringly, i guess trying to comfort me.

"You know that you and I both will protect this baby. Boy or girl, I would love it and so would you. Don't say you can't protect them. Because I know you'd rather die then let anything happen to o-ur b-baby." Mark's voice began to crack, his tears flowing at a rather fast pace.

"You'd even risk your own life to give birth to the most wonderful creation that I will ever know." Mark burried his head in my lap and by know we are both bubble blowing babies. Tears were running everywhere and we held eachother in our arms, comforting eachother with soothing words. I closed my eyes as we both ecpressed our vows to eachother for the second time since our wedding.

"Mark, I really love you. Nothing, nobody nor any situation will make me love you less, or change that fact." I closed my eyes as Mark said words that I couldn't catch. For my eyes began to droop down just to close. I was then sent into darkness.

Suddenly, I was forced into a light. A bright light. And for a second I thought I was in heaven. But then I realised I was in the hospital. I layed in the soft bed, a peice of plastic up my nose sending oxegen up through my body.

"Im sorry Mark... But I dont think that Sean will come back. He been in here for months, and you have a chils to look after." No one was in the room with me, but it sounded like Felix was talking to Mark. My breath hitched and I felt myself choking for air. Like I was being suffocated, or worse.

"Its time to let him go," I felt the air fill my lungs but like there was a second me floating above my body, looking towards the ceiling. It looked to be in distress. He floated through the ceiling and tgen it was black, and Mark stood at the bed holding a bundle of blankets. Sniffling could be heard, will silence whales echoed through the room.

"Shhh... Sammy it will all be okay, daddy is in a better place now." Mark looked toward me with Sammy looking toward my eyes with tears going down both their faces.

"I love you Sean."