The Picture

Everye's POV.

Aphmau and I walked out of the house. We were walking to school again and Aphmau was looking really distant. She was constantly looking at the ground and didn't even talk to me this morning. I frowned.

"Hey, are you- Laurance!" I squealed when I looked up to see Laurance standing by the lamp post everyday. "Everye, Aphmau! Walking to school today?" He asked as he looked at us. "Yup! Just walking to school today! Anyways, it's great to see you." Aphmau said and I looked at her weird. 

"It's great to see you too.... You seem more jumpy then usual.." Laurance said and I nodded. "Yeah.. A lot actually.." I said as I cocked my head to the side. "I-I do!? Huh.. well that's probably because I had a really crazy weekend!" She said. "I had the same weekend..." I said.

"Really? Want to talk about it?" Laurance asked and Aphmau shook her head while I shrugged. "N-No! I mean... I-I rather talk about what you did this weekend.." Aphmau said and Laurance and I shared a look. I shrugged and he looked at Aphmau. "Sure.." He shrugged and I walked up to him with Aphmau behind me. 

*Le time skip to school*

"Sounds like you had a crazy weekend.. Soccer practice sounds brutal.. More brutal then volleyball with Katelyn." I said and Laurance laughed a little. "Yeah, but I like it. By the way.. Garroth told me you two are into soccer." Laurance smiled and Aphmau and I shared a look.

"H-He did!?" We asked and Laurance nodded. "Yeah. You should have told me sooner." He said. "S-Sorry... It just didn't cross my mind." I said. "D-Did Garroth say anything else?" Aphmau asked and I looked at her. 

"Just that really.. And that you guys played soccer at the park with his brothers. Next time invite me. I'd love to come and school you two." Laurance smirked and I scoffed. "You know.. We're not that bad at the game ourselves.." I smirked back and Laurance's smirk only grew wider. "Yeah, but you've never gone up against a captain before... Oh! Speaking of which, I have to get going to the field. We have a game this weekend and teams getting first period off to practice." Laurance said and something clicked in my mind.

"Oh, that's right. Same goes for the volleyball team. Can't believe I forgot!" I said as I slapped my hand against my forehead. "Then you two better get going! Don't want you guys to slack off." Aphmau laughed and I gave her a smile. 

"Thanks! We're still on for that match though, right?" Laurance asked and Aphmau and I smiled. "For sure!" We said in unison. "See you Laurance, Everye! Good luck!" Aphmau smiled. "Thanks, sis!" I said before Laurance and I started walking towards the field. 

"So, how's volleyball going?" Laurance asked and I smiled. "It's going great! the team so nice and Katelyn's a great team captain." I said and he smiled at me. "Well, it's good to see that you found something you enjoy doing." He said and I gave him a smile. "Thanks, Laurance. Well, I have to go get changed really quick. Good luck!" I waved and he smiled at me. "You too, beautiful." He waved before turning towards the boy's locker room.

Oh, Laurance.

Aphmau's POV. (AAAYYYE xD)

"Awww! Isn't that cute! Laurance really seems to have a thing for Everye."

"Wha!- Oh... It's you." I said as I saw Gene standing behind me. "It's kinda sweet how he waits to walk her to school. " He said. "Hmph!" I said as I turned my head to the side. "Still not talking to me because of Everye? When are you gonna learn to think for yourself?" Gene asked and I looked at him.

"I am thinking for myself! I don't want to talk to you! Every time I see you, you and your Shadow Knight gang has been up to no good!Give me one good reason why I should give you the time of day!" I said.