The Date

Third POV.

"Kawaii~Chan!"

"Hey, Kawaii~Chan." Aphmau, Everye, and Katelyn said as Kawaii~Chan joined them at the bottom of the stairs. "Hey Aphmau~Chan, Everye~Chan, Katelyn~Chan. Oh, Aphmau~Chan. Kawaii~Chan wanted to give this back." She said as she held up the the book Midnight. "Kawaii~Chan never got the chance to read the book before she saw the movie." 

"It's no problem at all. What did you think?" Aphmau asked. "Much better than the movie." Kawaii~Chan answered. "I still can't believe you ship everyone in Midnight." Katelyn said. "Speaking of shipping, Aphmau~Chan. Can we talk about my ship with you and-"

"No, we can not ever talk about that. EVER." Aphmau interrupted Kawaii~Chan causing Everye to laugh.

From across the hall, Garroth and Dante were looking at the group of girls as they talked as they stood next to Laurance's locker. Laurance stood at his locker as he got something out of it. "For a small potato, she sure has some spunk!" Dante exclaimed and Garroth turned to him. "A spud and a potato are the same thing, Dante." He said and Dante shook his head.

"I said she got spunk." Dante repeated. "Oh! S-Sorry.. I wasn't really paying attention.." Garroth said and Laurance turned to look at him. "You okay, Garroth?" Laurance asked as he looked at Garroth from behind his opened locker door. "Yeah, you're really out of it!" Dante said.

"No, really. I'm fine!" Garroth said and Dante looked at him skeptically. "Hm...You know what.. I don't think you are." he said and Laurance nodded in agreement. "Huh?" Garroth asked. "Everytime we're around Aphmau you've been acting weird." Dante said. "You can't prove that." Garroth said as he looked at the two. 

"Yes I can. Remember that one time we were practicing potions in the library after school? Or that one time we were at practice. Oh, and let's not forget-"

"Okay, okay, I get it." Garroth said and Dante looked at him. "Why don't you just admit you like her?" He asked. "What? No he doesn't." Laurance said. "Uh.. Dante! T-That's propostris! I don't like her at all!" Garroth said as he tried to hid the obvious truth. "Suure... Sorry, but I can see it on your face." Dante smirked and Laurance laughed. 

"Dante. Garroth tells me everything. Him, Aphmau and Everye knew each other when they were kids and just reconnected. So of course he gets nervous around one of them. He just misses them as a friend." Laurance said and Garroth nodded. "Exactly! L-Laurance knows." Garroth said and Dante looked unsure.

"Hm... Alright.. If you say so.. I'm going to go ahead to class then.. Want to review so notes before class Laurance?" Dante asked as he turned towards the brown-haired boy. "Yeah. See you later, Garroth." Laurance said as he looked at him. "Later, Garroth." Dante said and Garroth nodded. "Later." he said before he glanced over to see Aphmau standing alone.

This was a surprise to him considering Aphmau and Everye usually never left each other's sides. He thought this was the time to ask, so he walked over to her. "G-Garroth. Hey!" Aphmau said once she saw the blonde walk up to her. "U-Um.. I-I was wondering i-if I could ask you..-"

"Huh?"

"I wanted to ask you on a date." Garroth said and Aphmau looked at him as she blushed. "G-Garroth? A date?" She asked and Garroth blushed a light pink. "Y-Yes.. I'm sorry.. I know it's blunt, but I wanted to wait a few weeks before I asked you. Especially after what happened between us." He said and Aphmau nodded.

"N-No! No.. I understand. Um... Does this mean that we're..." Aphmau trailed off and Garroth seemed to know what she was trying to say. "N-No! It's just a date.. to get to know you. We're not like, going steady or anything. It's just as hanging out.." Garroth said.