Buckle Up

Out of the arena we go!

I'm always exited to go on the trails outside of the arena. There are tons and many are miles long. To the right of the arena, one we are on, there are no cross country jumps. On the left is the cross country trails. I love those trails!

*A few minutes later*

I decided to push my family's limits and ask for a trot. I stay at the back incase if some one would fall or lose there horse id be able to catch it. One of the grooms who likes to go trail riding at this time is in front snd he has the same job.

It sure is fun watching my family struggle at a trot. Most go posting. My brother and I stay sitting as its much easier. He decides to go right beside me, as my horse and his get along like brothers. He is silence but then we began to talk...we don't normally talk this much as he would just hibernate in his room and at the barn with his horse when I was busy with school.

"Soo...sister, I was wondering." He pauses as if he doesnt know where to start. I just sit back and listen to my best ability.

"Hmm..wondering what brother? I speak after a dew moments of silence.

He hesitates... "I was wondering if you knew about the upcoming show. The one in 4 weeks? Its called 'Rise N' Shine 3 day eventing starter show'. I was thinking about competing with my boy here but needed someone to ride him as I don't have intentions to compete. But its to the point where he is amazing and he needs to be seen by others. If you want to ride him I will pay for him and your horse. And thats a promise!"

I smile unsure of what to say.

"Brother...Are you...serious?"

I stutter my words.

"Yes!" He strongly replies.

"Whoa!!!! Come back up sunshine!!!!!!" My dad screams as his horse,sunshine, begins to lay down.

"Kick her forward!!!!" I reply I quickly canter up to him and grab the reins forcing sunshine to get back on her feet. My dad is breathing hard as if he had run a 5k.

"Sunshine must like you she only tries to lie down if she likes her rider. She is a very picky horse so feel lucky." I reply with a smile. We all walk on as my dad gives me a simple nod and smile.

What a blast.

*Later that day; 7:00 pm to be exact*

My brother was serious. We are about to sign me up!

4 weeks isnt a lot of time but I know his horse and he is a very good horse. He can handle it!

I click on "enter" as we fill out all the info. We list everything needed and we are all set. "You have now entered into the show. Thank you,we look forward to seeing you compete in your very first show." a screen pops up.

I give my brother a big bear hug, "Thank you!" I say excitedly.

"Your welcome!" He calmy replies, sounding a bit annoyed.

*Its "sooo not" 9:00pm*

Im tired soo I head off to bed early, exited for whats to come in 4 weeks as I dream how it will go.

"Sophie has just broke the world record for this level of competition"

"And the blue goes to Sophie!"

"Champion is Sophie"

The thoughts of a blue ribbon at my first show kick into my mind.

What fun would that be?

Very fun!

The picture is of the horse who laid down.