And the Winner Is....

After the devasting fall yesterday im really sore...I woke up this morning in pain all over.

I slide my pants on and head over to the stables. I needed to get Heart ready for the results...Unfortanly Ocean will not be going to the award ceremony due to our fall yesterday.

I quickly get his show stuff for the awards ceremony on. White leg wraps. Red and blue bows in his mane to make him look good. And his blue and red ear bonnet.

Beautiful!

I hop on him near one of the arena's and begin to walk him around inside the arena. Walk-Trot-Canter.

"All riders report to arena 3 on horseback. CORRECTION: All riders in the finals report to arena 3 on horse back for award ceremony!"
The announcer yells throughout the speakers.

I pick my reins back up and slowly but forward walk Heart to the finals. Only 2 made it. Me and another girl.

A few minutes later I had finnally reached the arena. It was a big covered arena. It didnt have the white arena with letters for dressage, it was actually quite funny. It had ground poles on the ground like the shiny poles. Thats one smart idea for the award ceremony arena. No need to buy expensive letters and arena just use ground poles. Haha. I giggle inside and bring a smile on the outside.

30 minutes later. I stand astride my horse Heart as a ribbon is handed to me..I see a blue one. Wait. Blue. I smile when I hear that I have won. My first show and I won. The lady handed me a trophy I hand it back so we can make a victort lap.

We trot off around the arena and they tell me to go twice so I do. A lot of people are shouting good things at me..this has never happened before.

Im really blown away by the amount of support our region gives us.
I halt Heart before almost runnin into the other rider. She seems very disappointed...something hits my heart hard and I walk beside her and halt.

"Hey. You did good today. Your a really good rider! And to be honest you should of won. But hey, the trophy means nothing either does the ribbons. Its the happy horse and rider that matters."

She looks at me as if she is about to break into tears but at the same time she smiles. Resulting in me being very confused.

"Thank you
Those words are very kind.
And I agree but im upset because for some reason my other horse has gone very ill...the vet says my stallion won't make it. But I have hope." she switches from sadness to happiness.

"Oh im very sorry to hear that. Well I better get over to my group. I'll see you around?" I ask not expecting a answer

Shockingly. I get one.

"Yes indeed! Hey here is my number. Maybe we can become good friends. Ive been needing one of those. But who doesnt need one we all do!" she and I both giggle as she hands me a piece of paper with a phone number on it.

"Thanks! Ok I really do need to go... It was nice talking to you! Bye!" I wave as she waves back and I walk Heart away and hop off near a soft sanded spot. I decided to lead him back to his stall.

Today was wonderful.

Wait...

Something catches me

What was that girls name?

I look at Heart who is now in his stall rolling, oh boy...I turn my face as I don't wish to see my beauty dirtied up at a show. But hey he won he is probably really happy!

I rush to find the girl and manage to find her.

"Hey again. I forgot to ask you what was your name?"

"Im Sarahi. Your Sophie right?"

"Your name starts with a S to thats cool! Ok bye again its time to head home now. Bye!"

"Bye! Don't forget to call me!!"

"I won't!" I wave and she waves back.

I think we will get along just fine.

I walk away...heading back I spy a beautiful younger horse.

Chesnut in color. He is so pretty but I can't touch him he isnt mine. I keep walking. My trainer and brother had already loaded up all of our stuff including Ocean next is Heart..but they need me for him. He doesn't trust any one else loading and unloading him. Its actually really funny since he has taken up with my trainer but hasn't even stepped near her when she is near a trailer.

That is one thing we need to work on. But I guess I work for now.